Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Due date confusion (just had positive PT)

Hi! I’m a long time lurker/ first time poster here. I’ve just had a positive PT which I’m terrified about as my last pregnancy 2y ago ended up in miscarriage and me having a breakdown. 

The result of that was that I didn’t have a period for 2y. I had some light bleeding for a few days on 30/12 but that’s it. From LMP being 30/12 my EDD is 6/10 but I’m sure I ovulated late and I think it would be 10 days later (I wasn’t using OPK just going on symptoms). I only had one period and had irregular ones before that so I’m really confused as to whether I’m 4weeks or 5+2. Can anyone shed any light?

Replies

• Hi, your midwife and doctor will always go off your last period which 9/10 is usually wrong when dating a pregnancy!! When you book in that’s the date they will take though and won’t amend it until you have had your dating scan. If your really sure you ovulated later you could move your edd and work out when your period would of been from that. I always worked mine out from the latest date I thought, that way on scans you only ever move forward. You could always leave it a couple of weeks and get a private scan that way you will have more accuracy x
  • MrsH02 said:
    Hi, your midwife and doctor will always go off your last period which 9/10 is usually wrong when dating a pregnancy!! When you book in that’s the date they will take though and won’t amend it until you have had your dating scan. If your really sure you ovulated later you could move your edd and work out when your period would of been from that. I always worked mine out from the latest date I thought, that way on scans you only ever move forward. You could always leave it a couple of weeks and get a private scan that way you will have more accuracy x
    Thank you very much for that. I think I’ll probably try and get a private scan :smile: xx