Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Am I pregnant? False negatives? Help!

So, I'm not on the pill and in January I had sexual relationships without using a condom but he did pull out (I know that theres's still a risk). In the beginning of February my boobs started hurting but I was close to my period so I didn't think much about it but then I noticed blue veins on my boobs appearing, my nipples becoming larger and that I was going to the bathroom a lot more frequently so I started thinking that I was pregnant. My period was supposed to come around February 4th but I am a little bit irregular and it came on February 7th lasting 6 days as usual which left me confused because I had pregnancy symptoms which also went away as soon as my bleeding started. 
So I did some research which led me to believe that I had suffered a miscarriage which apparently are very common on week 5 and I also had a few really small clots. About a week/2 weeks after that I noticed that the veins on the palms of my hands, near my belly and near my eyes became more noticeable (I am very pale but I found it odd because this never happened before). So, at what would correspond to 7 weeks pregnant I took a pregnancy test and came back negative. Then what I believe it was my period came again lasting 6 days exactly one month after the last bleeding and with more clots present than the one before but still I took another test at what would be 9 weeks pregnant and it also came back negative.
I took another one last week, which would correspond to 11 weeks and 5 days pregnant and it also came back negative.
I followed all the rules taking these tests, using the first urine of the morning so knowing all of this information what are the chances that all of these tests are false negatives? Are false negatives at basically three months pregnant common?

Replies

• If you’re getting negatives then I’d suggest you believe them.. sounds like you’ve been having periods, I don’t know how you came to a conclusion of miscarrying thou, as your tests have all been negative? I suffered a miscarriage myself and don’t like people assuming they had them when they never had a positive test in the first place😩.  If you was pregnant it would defo show positive at 11 weeks darling, so unfortunately it’s not your month x
  • If you’re getting negatives then I’d suggest you believe them.. sounds like you’ve been having periods, I don’t know how you came to a conclusion of miscarrying thou, as your tests have all been negative? I suffered a miscarriage myself and don’t like people assuming they had them when they never had a positive test in the first place😩.  If you was pregnant it would defo show positive at 11 weeks darling, so unfortunately it’s not your month x
    First of all, I’m so sorry that you had to go through that and I’m sorry if I offended you in any way, I only started to think that because I read a study that there’s a percentage of women that have really early miscarriages without knowing because it happens at the same time as their period it’s supposed to come and since I had these really strange symptoms that have never happened to me before and could be associated with pregnancy I started wondering if I had suffered one without knowing, I am really sorry for what I said 
    The first pregnancy test that I took I only did it almost 3 weeks after that and they all have been coming back negative so I know I should trust the results but I’ve read so many stories of girls saying that they had a lot of false negatives or that they had bleeding that looked like periods only to find out that they were pregnant after all
    I’m just worried that the same is happening to me 
    Thank you for answering :)

• Thank you, but please don’t apologise🥺🥰. Did you have any cramps? Sometimes women can have a ‘missed miscarriage’ it’s not impossible or rare, it happens, and sometimes happens for a reason.. the only thing I could suggest is asking your doctor for bloods, sometimes they won’t do it if you’ve said it’s negative, so ring up and say that you’ve done a test and it’s a faint line or something, surely they’ll take some bloods then, that’s how you’ll truly know, as there will be a little to nothing hcg in your bloods which would result a missed miscarriage xx
  • I did have cramps but I don’t think they were that much stronger than my normal ones but I did feel pain in my lower Back, I remember that it was hard for me being sitted down
    I have a gynecologist exam but it’s only on April 10th so I think I might do what you said!
    Thank you for being so understanding :)
  • Hmm, yeah defo try what I said! If you want results a little sooner than your exam apt, for peace of mind Aswell! You’re absolutely welcome, I am sorry if I came across as a bit negative in the first reply, I do not mean any offence towards you, I love following girls journeys on here, so many of them have helped me thru some hard times.. please keep me updated on your journey x
  • No don’t worry, I completely understand what you said and you were right 
    I Will, Thank you so much!!!