Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Could I be having a cryptic pregnancy?

This is going to be a bit of a long story, but I’ll do my best to explain. I’m 14, and I think I may be pregnant. Just to clarify, I did not have sexual intercourse, however my boyfriend and I did do some other things in January. I started taking a birth control, called sprintec, in late January. Around February, I started having some pretty strange symptoms. I would have sore breast, pelvic pain, back pain (all not associated with my period, it was every day) my stomach was swollen, my lower stomach seemed to be more enlarged, and more frequent urination. I would typically urinate twice a day, but would start going 6-8 times a day. I took a few pregnancy test, but they were all negative. My frequent urination subsided two weeks ago and had gone back to normal. However, I still had my period in January, February, and March. The first two were all quite heavy, and would last 7+ days. They were also all on track, happening 28-32 days apart. However, my last period was a lot lighter, and lasted 5 days, but I believe this is due to the birth control. I’ve ruled out any UTI’s or STI’s. I know I sound crazy, but I just can’t shake the feeling that I may be pregnant. And if I were, there’s nothing I could do. My mom is very strict and if she found out, I’d get in serious trouble. We are in no financial state to care for a baby, and if I were to actually be pregnant my state wouldn’t allow me to get an abortion after a certain amount of weeks. I just don’t know what to do. I’ve done a lot of looking online and keep seeing these stories about cryptic pregnancies. I was just wondering, does it sound like I could be pregnant? 

Replies

• Hey hun, actually no it really doesn't sound plausible for you to be pregnant actually. You got your periods, you had negative tests, and by now you would be quite far along already. But if you really feel unsure, talk to your doctor! Xx
  • Absolutely no chance.