Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnant again after 2 miscarriages

I had a missed miscarriage in 2019 then had my baby girl in 2020 and since then I have had 2 more miscarriages in Oct 2020 and Jan 2021. I got a BFP today. I am really happy but so scared at the same time and really worried to tell ny husband he is so nervous of me getting pregnant again. 

Replies

• Hiya,

I'm so sorry about your miscarriages, it is completely awful. I've had 2 missed miscarriages: 1 in 2019 and then 1 in Jan 2021. I then got pregnant literally 3 weeks after the last one (we weren't trying as I didn't know you could get pregnant before having a period and so quickly). I initially completely freaked out and so did my husband. After that we just accepted what will be will be but that we have to be strong together and its ok not to be ok sometimes. I think what also definitely helped was I contacted my early pregnancy unit and told them I am so anxious and terrified due to my history. They have been great. They monitored my HCG to make sure it was doubling, then they did 2 weekly ultrasounds until I was 8 weeks. I've just had my 12 week scan and baby is doing great. We still don't know if everything will go on ok from here but I am grateful for the little time we have had with baby and hope that it continues to be ok. I really hope the same for your pregnancy and wish you all the best of luck 😊
  • Sjy87 said:
    Hiya, I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. Congratulations on your pregnancy.  Yes I will have to ring the hospital on Tuesday.  I was only there on Tuesday just gone as I had a huge 14.5 cm blood clot in my uterus caused by thd d&c i had on January.  They said they want to see me straight away if I get a positive test, I don't thing they will be expecting it this quickly though. My husband came in to the sitting room a little while ago, looked at our daughter and said did I think anymore about a brother or sister for her  I just laughed and told him. He was so happy,  I really hope all goes well this time he gets so excited and then gets crushed.  But we had said only a few weeks ago, 1 more, what ever happens   happens but no more tries after. So hopefully this works. I hope all is good for you. I would love to hear from you in the coming months. Sorry if this has a few mistakes,  I broke the screen on my phone yesterday so I can't see what I'm typing very well. 😃

I'm so sorry about your miscarriages, it is completely awful. I've had 2 missed miscarriages: 1 in 2019 and then 1 in Jan 2021. I then got pregnant literally 3 weeks after the last one (we weren't trying as I didn't know you could get pregnant before having a period and so quickly). I initially completely freaked out and so did my husband. After that we just accepted what will be will be but that we have to be strong together and its ok not to be ok sometimes. I think what also definitely helped was I contacted my early pregnancy unit and told them I am so anxious and terrified due to my history. They have been great. They monitored my HCG to make sure it was doubling, then they did 2 weekly ultrasounds until I was 8 weeks. I've just had my 12 week scan and baby is doing great. We still don't know if everything will go on ok from here but I am grateful for the little time we have had with baby and hope that it continues to be ok. I really hope the same for your pregnancy and wish you all the best of luck 😊

• Hi @Sorchasmum 

I wanted to come back on here to say I've had my beautiful baby girl and we are absolutely in love with her. There is light at the end of the tunnel. This pregnancy has been so stressful, not quite believing that you will make it through, but we have. 

Would love to hear an update from you. I hope all is well.

xx