Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bleeding

I’m 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I woke up and started bleeding this morning. The blood varies from medium to dark red. I’ve had no cramping and haven’t passed any blood clots. The flow is slightly more than spotting but more of a light to medium flow.

I spoke to my midwife who isn’t concerned as it is likely my body flushing everything it’s doesn’t need out so baby can grow.

It could be a really normal part of my pregnancy but as any Mama to be will know, we don’t stop worrying! 

My midwife would like me to take another test in 2 weeks to confirm I’m still pregnant and then come in for a scan the following day when I’ll be 7 weeks pregnant! The long wait begins! 

I think I need some reassurance off other women who might have experienced similar who went on to have successful pregnancies. 

It’s been a tearful day wondering what could be happening. 

Replies

• Try and stay positive, I bled on and off for the first 10 weeks with my youngest and no cause was ever found. I’ve had a bit of spotting this time too but so far baby is doing good. Try and take it easy and rest up. Good luck x
  • How are you now?