Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Early scan... anyone else had this

I was sent for an early scan as we couldn't date the edd I had my bloods taken and my hormone level is just under 6000 which the midwife said indicated 7 weeks but when we went in for the scan they could only find the sack... proof of pregnancy but no signs of a baby yet estimated 5 weeks we have to go back in 2 weeks to see if it has changed

I know they have to prepare you for worse outcomes but it has worried me tho I have no signs of anything being wrong no bleeding or excessive pain so I'm confused and worried can anyone please reassure me this is normal? 

Xx

Replies

• @Sfw1991 I am sorry you are feeling worried and distressed. It could just be that you are 5 wks and at that point that is all you would see. I would imagine the level of hormone can only give a rough indication of how many weeks you are so hopefully when you get a scan in a few weeks all will be well.

It's a horrible old wait for you though ❤️ xx
  • Thank you just trying to stay positive but my partner is struggling also xx
  • @Sfw1991 I am sure 😔 early pregnancy can be so cruel and stressful 💔 it's a horrible wait for you both but I really do think there is hope and am sending positive vibes that all goes well in your next scan ❤️ xxx
  • I appreciate that so much! There's no negative signs of anything going wrong so possibly is just to early just 2 week waiting game sucks! Xx
  • @Sfw1991 please let me know how you get on 😊 xxx
  • @cheesecoleslaw86

Hi lovely had my scan today and can say heart beat was found straight away this time and was told baby is doing great xxxx
    Thank you for your help xx
  • @Sfw1991 absolutely delighted for you ❤️ huge congratulations. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months xxx
  • Thank you so happy xxx