Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Unsupported

Hello I am newly pregnant and I love my husband but I feel unsupported. I don’t know what to do or say because my emotions are kicking way in. He’ll make comments like “I’m trapped” or “why are you in a mood” or when I was suggesting to get non alcoholic wine for the holidays to keep it hidden from my family he looked at me like I was stupid or crazy and told me no. I’m not sure if he’s even fully aware of what’s going on. Am I just having strong emotions or should I do something. I haven’t told family yet so I don’t really have anyone to talk to. He said he’s excited but at this moment I don’t believe him at all. 

Replies

• Mileena said:
    Hello I am newly pregnant and I love my husband but I feel unsupported. I don’t know what to do or say because my emotions are kicking way in. He’ll make comments like “I’m trapped” or “why are you in a mood” or when I was suggesting to get non alcoholic wine for the holidays to keep it hidden from my family he looked at me like I was stupid or crazy and told me no. I’m not sure if he’s even fully aware of what’s going on. Am I just having strong emotions or should I do something. I haven’t told family yet so I don’t really have anyone to talk to. He said he’s excited but at this moment I don’t believe him at all. 
    Hey hun.. I completely understand you rn, I felt the exact same with mine on my first.. I sat him down and I told him damn well how I felt and how it was making me feel as a person and thjngs did change.. but your emotions really do run higher during pregnancy, and I know sometimes men have emotions too but they hide them well! Maybe have a little chat with him if you haven’t tried already? And if you don’t mind me asking, is there a reason why you haven’t told your family yet x
  • Hey I haven’t told them yet because I’m only 6 weeks. He wants to keep it between us till I’m 12-14 weeks
  • Mileena said:
    Hey I haven’t told them yet because I’m only 6 weeks. He wants to keep it between us till I’m 12-14 weeks
    Yeah totally get that! I was the same I’m Ngl, only place I could come and talk about it was to the ladies on here x
  • And that is why I made an account here. I just needed someone to talk to about all of this and get some advice. Thank you so much 
  • Mileena said:
    And that is why I made an account here. I just needed someone to talk to about all of this and get some advice. Thank you so much 
    I’m almost 17 weeks and the ladies on here @EmJ3 @RememberToBreathe and a couple more have been the best support network ! They still help me now x