Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

baby heart beat monitor

If everyting goes well with my scan next friday, im thinking about getting a heart monitor so i can listen to babys heart beat to put my mind at rest......................

has anyone got one, are they any good,where can i get a good one from, any ideas???????

Replies

• I've got angelsounds one, about ??20 from amazon. I've found HB every time have tried. there was a long thread about pros and cons in pregnancy a few weeks ago if you search back for it. I'd say only get it if you think you could cope if you couldn't find it. but if you think you can be chilled about it I'd go for it.
  • at how many weeks can you hear a heart beat from???????????????????????
  • i just bought one on ebay for $60.00 and its the same exact one as at the doc. office. have recieved it yet but sure that i will be able to hear the HB when it gets here, have been able to hear HB at 10wks with all my babys. likegem said you have to be very patient one minute you may beable to hear it and the next have a hard time finding it.
  • i too am debating getting one i had a scan at 10 weeks and havent got another one till im 13 weeks and its driving me insane keep thinking soqmething is wrong i have a midwife appointment on monday so if things go well and she can hear a heartbeat i think i will buy one too!!!!
    xxxx
  • My heart monitor came today and i cant find the heart beat, i can only find my own, im sopposed to be 11 weeks today, do you think it mite be to early to find the heart beat.......................

Im afraid now i wish i hadnt bought the stupid thing at the moment................................

i feel stupid again
  • I wouldnt panic hun, I dont have one but I have read previously that you cant always find it yourself at this early stage.

Just imagine how tiny your baby is at the moment, like the other girls have said patience & persistent.

Hope you find it soon xxx
  • lanea, hang in there hun i takes alot of practice to beable to find it!! you have to remember how little your beans heart is at the moment. dont get scaried you find it soon just takes alot of practice and patience!!
  • Hi Lanea,

I got a Angel Sounds Fetal Heart Monitor and started using it at 14 weeks. I found the HB pretty much straight away, but the baby moves soo much its hard to pin him down some times. Your MW should also listen to the HB at 15-16 weeks appt and they have a much better one. I would recommend one but maybe wait til your a bit further along xx