Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

12 week scan...UPDATED WITH SOME PICS FINALLY!!

Hi ladies!

Had our 12-week scan this afternoon. It was amazing!! Our bean is now 55mm - has grown 23mm in 15 days!!! When we first went in he (or she!) was fast asleep, facing us with his arms across his chest. So the sonographer looked at his brain development (could see both hemispheres, both fine!), then down through his body, stomach, bottom, legs and feet! It was just amazing!!

The sonographer then told me to go for a wee as that should wake him up. It did the trick!! He was wriggling all over the place - facing us, then bum towards us, on his side....we saw him clapping and putting his hand to his face. You could make out the fingers this time (saw the toes last time!). It was just amazing. The sonographer was saying that pretty much everything is developed now and he just has growing left to do!! Because of his wriggling our photos aren't that clear but we got great ones for 10 weeks so I don't mind (plus, he's healthy and wriggly - who cares about a pic!!). I will upload soon!!!

It was just amazing and I am even more in love!

And I am soooooo happy to have hit the magical 12 weeks! My parents are coming down this weekend so mom and I are going shopping (mama & papa's - I got the catalogue the other day and I want EVERYTHING!!) whilst Alex and my dad do DIY!!

Apparently the blooming part of pregnancy should kick in by 14 weeks - I can't wait, I am knackered again!! Bed soon for me, too much excitement!

Really hope you are all well ladies,

Love Kristen xxxxxx image

[Modified by: kristen77 on 30 September 2009 18:06:18 ]

Replies