Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I don't feel pregnant anymore, don't know what to do.

Hi
The title says it all really. I'm about 9 weeks (had early scan which dated me 3 days ahead of what I thought I was so I'm either 9 weeks today or 9+3). I've had sickness from about 5 weeks but nothing too bad, mainly just a nausea feeling really. Haven't really had sore boobs except a tiny bit and not a lot else except some bloating so haven't had much to go on except sick feeling. I had a scan just over a week ago and they said everything was ok although I'm worried now that they didn't actually say there was a "strong heartbeat", I just asked if the heartbeat was ok and they said yes so I'm annoyed that I didn't ask more.
Anyway, I just haven't felt quite the same these last few days. My sickness has lessened in the last week although I've had a few days of sickness and last night I was sick for the first time but I think I've had a stomach bug as well because I had loads of stomach aches last week - they were high up so really felt like my stomach and not period type pains. And today I just feel normal again. I found out I'd had a mmc in January and I was really sick last time and then all of sudden I felt normal again and I was so pleased but little did I know that there was a reason for that. Now I feel normal today, normally I'd be asleep by now but I feel ok. I did a cbd yesterday and it still said 3+ but I don't know how quickly my hcg levels would drop.
Sorry for going on for so long but I just don't know what to do with myself. I dont want to keep ranting on to my husband, I'm worried he's getting sick of me moaning. I just feel so confused.
xx

Replies

• hi hun - pls dont worry. I had an early scan too and they never mentioned the strength of hb just that it was present.

with regards to symptoms, my sister lost all her sickness at 8 weeks and thought something was wrong ....now her boy is 6! ha!

When a hb is detected your chance of mc drops considerably. Good luck xxxxxx
  • Please try not to worry hun. Seeing a hb at about 8-9 weeks drops your risk of mc to around 2%. At about 9 weeks your hcg levels will be starting to flatten off so this is around the time when symptoms can get better anyway. And my symptoms came and went loads so some days you just get away with it!

I had 4 early scans (2 private, 2 nhs) and they didn't actually say 'strong heartbeat' at any so don't dwell on that. They said hb was fine so just remember that.

If you are really worried then either speak to your gp/mw and see if you can get a scan or go for a private one - that's what we did. Plus I bought a doppler and heard hb at 10+4 which meant whenever I had a wobble I could have a listen and put my mind at rest.

Fingersc crossed for you
    xxx
  • Oh hun try not to worry or think the worse I've never had sickness past the first couple of weeks with either my daughter or son. I know its hard but try not to keep comparing this pregnancy with your last you have had no symptoms of miscarriage and have seen a heartbeat and if your bubba is bigger than your dates its growing well. I had 3 miscarriages and when I was pregnant wih my daughter i had an early scan at 7wks on NHS, then became convinced I'd lost it at 8wks so paid for one and then I very naughtily pretended I'd had a bleed so had another NHS oneat 9wks. At everyone they just said everything looks fine but I too just comparing my pregnancy to my failed ones and caused myself no end of worry. Please try and relax and be positivexxxxx
  • I'm still feeling the same and I'm 17 weeks tomorrow! Midwife felt uterus on monday and said it'd grown since she saw me 2 weeks ago. Her doppler was broken so I'm off to see her colleague in the morning for a quick listen. Midwife asked me when am I going to believe this baby is there and doing what it needs to. I said, when I'm holding it! We just have to keep positive as much as we can, for the baby if not for ourselves.
  • ahh thank you everyone, you've all made me feel so much better.
    On a plus note, I went to bed on Tuesday feeling so upset and begging to get some signs again and then yesterday I felt horrendously sick all day!! I felt a bit sick today and am starting to understand what you're all saying to me and to realise that worrying will do me no good!
    Thanks everyone
    xx
  • Hi all, I'm 19 weeks 20 week on Wednesday and I have my scan on Friday but I don't feel pregnant I have had morning sickness from 8 weeks and it comes and goes but I have not much of a bump, is it normal to feel like this or should I be worried. 

• I’m the same as you Laura1994, I’m 16+3 & don’t  feel pregnant at all, got a private scan on Sunday so hopefully give me some reassurance. How did your scan go today ? X 

• Hi megs5780 my scan went really well and all healthy and having a boy, so it's reassured me a lot as I was really worried but still don't have much of a bump