Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

-UPDATE -HCG quadrupled ! First ultrasound done.

Hi got my BFP !!! I am soooo excited. After two years of ttc & 1 chem preg in March I am pregnant again. Please pray for a sticky baby. I am happy but also a little worried. I am only 9dpo and of course the line is very faint. I did two different brand tests -FR and Answer(I am in usa). I can't believe I am writing this !

There are two things I did different. I always use my cbfm. Then I bd 3 days before ovulation, 1 day before ovulation and ovulation day. I bd multiple times all those days and also every time did a partial lol headstand. My body was vertical upside down for a long time. Though my neck got sore it was worth it! Thank you Kaycee & Miss Impatient for the tip ! I also bd once with my legs over my DH shoulders. I read somewhere that that seems to help a lot of couples, tmi lol.

If everything goes well, God willingly my EDD is May21 based on ovulation date. I'll post my pics later on today
after my 2nd day of testing and I pray the line gets darker !

---Update - Just last week I was concerned is my hcg was increasing. Now I have a slightly different concern which is mostly good i think and that is that my hcg has almost quadrulpled ! Well I got back my results from my second HCG at 17dpo and it was 1635 !! Whoa ! Now I am worried as they are quadrupling, Just can' be happy =) I was suppose to have my blood drawn at 14dpo but we had bad weather. So went Monday. On Monday my HCG was suppose to be in the 800-900 range. Any ideas what can be happening? I am going for an ultrasound on Friday when I will only be 5 weeks but that's when the doctor recommended saying they can see something at 3000 hcg which at the rate I have been going will be today Wednesday.

12dpo - 149
17dpo- 1635

Update #2- Well I went to my ultrasound last Friday @ 5 weeks and since someone on here wisely advised me that even though my HCG was high don't be afraid if not much is seen since I was only 5 weeks.Well that's exactly what happened. There was only 1 sac. I am grateful though that little bean has implanted and implanted in the correct spot ! They drew blood and on Monday I found out the same day they did the ultrasound my hcg was 7635.My numbers have a little more than doubled but I have read after 1,200 they may take 72-96 hours to double. Even then mine doubled every 40 hours. The nurse said she was conerned because they should seen baby by then. I still don't think it's possible. I know when I ovulated and she is going by my hcg which was quadrupling in the beginning. I have another ultrasound tomorrow at a place the specializes in just ultrasounds. I will be 5 weeks + 6 days counting by concepcion or 27dpo. Hope everything will be okay.

Update #2- Well I went to my ultrasound last Friday @ 5 weeks and since Koalababy (thank you, koalababy) on here wisely advised me that even though my HCG was high don't be afraid if not much is seen since I was only 5 weeks.Well that's exactly what happened. There was only 1 sac. I am grateful though that little bean has implanted and implanted in the correct spot ! They drew blood and on Monday I found out the same day they did the ultrasound my hcg was 7635.My numbers have a little more than doubled but I have read after 1,200 they may take 72-96 hours to double. Even then mine doubled every 40 hours. The nurse said she was conerned because they should seen baby by then. I still don't think it's possible. I know when I ovulated and she is going by my hcg which was quadrupling in the beginning. I have another ultrasound tomorrow at a place the specializes in just ultrasounds. I will be 5 weeks + 6 days counting by concepcion or 27dpo. Hope everything will be okay.

12dpo - 149
17 dpo- 1635
21 dpo - 7525

[Modified by: BabySnow on 16 September 2009 08:10:00 ]

[Modified by: BabySnow on 23 September 2009 18:49:46 ]

Replies

• Congratulations!!

A much deserved BFP image

I really hope this one is super sticky for you.

Love NN 21+5 xxx

http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/tickers/2jd2p9xz55ugm69d.png

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr359/NattyNik/Round%204%20Pregnancy%20Photos/KangaandRoo62.jpg

Click Here To Read My Pregnancy Blog

• said congrats already on your post in ttc after mc but another massive congratulations honey, brilliant news!! xxx
  • Fantastic news!! Im so pleased for you. Super sticky bean for you hon
    xxx
  • Congratulations!!! Wishing you all the best!!!!

Jodie xx
  • congratulations, sounds like the hcg levels are a very good sign. Please dont panic if you dont see much at your 5 week scan, We only saw an empty gestational sac, even though the hcg levels were high. Had to go back a week later and got a heartbeat at 6 weeks.
    Good luck hun. X X
  • hi honey,

just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow. hopefully by 5+6 you should be able to see more.

let us know how you get on honey,

love kristen xxxx
  • Hope everything has gone ok today. and you get to see that magic heartbeat.
    Im sure baby is just taking time to get used to its new home
    Will keep looking out for your news
    Love Koala X X

Will keep my eye out for news
    Love Koala X X