Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

9wks prg and bleeding - advice please

PLease can i have some advice from ladies who have been through this.

I bled at 7wks and had a early scan, everything was fine, saw a heartbead.
Now y'day i started bleeding again alot - bright red and ive had some more this am, no clots no pain. have another scan booked for tomorrow morning at 10.30

Does this sound like a miscarriage to you? Did you all get pain when you had your miscarriages and how much blood did you lose? I'm really sorry i'm asking so many questions and i hope you dont mind me asking. I'm so scared that somethings gonna go wrong, we've been trying for so long.

thanks ladies xxxxxx

Replies

• Hi Jess,
    Please dont try to worry until you know for sure. Alot of women bleed through pregnancy and are fine.
    My miscarriage started with brown spotting which led to red blood with clots with strong period pains. I was 8 weeks.
    I hope scan goes well. best of luck to you. XXX
  • Hi Honey. I had a missed miscarriage so I had no bleeding, so I can't really advise you exactly, but I wanted to offer you my support and to send you all the good luck in the world for your scan xxxx Saraxxx
  • Hi there - something like that happened to me at 8 weeks and got an early scan done. Everything was fine.

The lady who did the scan said that she scans around 6 women a day who go through the same thing. She told me it doesn't matter what the blood is like or if you have had cramping because every pregnancy is different.

I had a miscarriage in Nov and for about a week I had very little bleeding and mild cramps. With this pregnancy I have had heavy red bleeding which turned to a brown colour. This lasted about 6 days. Everything was fine.

I hope your scan goes well and know we are all thinking about you x
  • Hope your scan goes well tomorrow.

Like the others say lots of women can have a bleed in a healthy pg, I know quite a few women who have, also as you havent any cramping I would say that's probably a good sign.
    Please let us know how you get on tomorrow xxx
  • with my mc i had brown spotting for 3wks then turned to red. with my DD i had bright red blood for almost 4mths straight and she was born a 8lb 7oz healty baby girl so try not to worry hun im sure thing are fine! good luck at your scan!