Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby's sex: to know or not to know

don't take what they tell you as absolute truth with my second baby at my 20 week scan the doctor told me I was having a boy but I actually had a girl

Replies

• Hi All
    We were undecided on our first pregnancy, untill 22 wk scan. Then as they were doing the measurements i saw the little girl bits on the scan. I asked the radiographer to confirm it and she said they were no boy bits there. I definatly want to know the sex of my twins. Simply to help me prepare for their arrival. I am already measuring for 26+ weeks, and am only 19 weeks. I am going to need to be ready asap, as these will be born by c section i wont be able to get things together afterwards.
    Sally
  • Hi all
    After my younger brothers girlfriend gave birth to a 7lb 1oz girl 2weeks ago me and dh are not under pressure anymore from the family to have another and hope for a girl.

I still would like to no so the bonding with hubby and baby could be stronger as he was terrified when riley was born.
    But on the other hand i like the supprise of not knowing.

I'll work it out when we do finally expect no2.hehe!

Emma xx
  • With my first pregnancy I needed fortnightly scans from week 20 so my husband and I decided to find out the sex. It was nice to be able to refer to my bumb as 'he' and buy some blue in advance. People said that it spoils the experience of the birth to know the sex in advance. My reply to that was that even though we knew it was a boy we didn't know what he looked like. Then with my second pregnancy everything was ok at the scan so we chose not to find out. It was a lovely end to the labour to discover we'd had a little girl. I've done both and can only say it doesn't matter which option you go for, there is such a lovely reward at the end that it is down to whether you can wait to find out or not.