Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

help!!!!

hi kim, replied to your post in the lounge
kas xx

Replies

• Hi Kim
    I've also replied to your post in the lounge!!

You have come to the right place!! If you want advice, help or just a chat or moan then there are always people on here willing to help! We are a friendlybunch as I'm sure you will soon find out!!
  • Hi kim.
    I can understand why you feel so apprehensive. I did with my first and my third. In fact I was terrible with my 3rd. I panicked about absolutley everything.
    But it was all unfounded, and everything went smoothly. Whether you tell eveyone now or wait till you have your scan is up to you. You have to go with your gut instinct.
    start buying the baby mags like pp and put your feet up and have a good long read. You may start to relax a bit as you look at all the lovely baby items you can buy.
    It is a very nerve wracking experience but without sounding too cheesy, its magical too.
    I hope you can learn to enjoy your pregnancy.
    So, congratulations and feel free to ask us about anything at all. good luck.
  • I have 2 boys at school 9 and 6 and my 19 month old daughter with me . I'm a stay at home mum, and i love it.
    If you put your feet up and nod off then thats fine. housework can wait.
    Are you looking forward to shristmas?
    No plonk for you then!!!!
  • ooops I meant Christmas. I sound like I've been on the plonk
  • Hi Kim,

I have replied to you in the lounge, so 'hi!'

Foods to avoid;

peanuts, soft cheese, blue vein cheeses, pate, runny eggs, rare cooked meat, raw fish, I can't think of anymore off the top of my head at the minute, maybe the others will add to it.

You know to avoid medicines?

Zoe xx
  • The only thing you can take in moderation is paracetamol but only take it if you really need to. It may be worth writing a list ready for your first trip to the midwife and ask her to recommend something to help.
  • For the sake of nine months and peace of mind I think it's worth it.

I'll be honest with you, i was annoyed that no one had told me what can happen to your child if you drink during pregnancy and let me decide what i was happy to do. Instead i was told a glass every now and then would be ok. No one mentioned the dangers that although not common can occur.

Wow, full of advice today!!
  • Having taught a child whose mother drank throughout her pregnancy and another child whose mother was an alcoholic I refused to even sniff alcohol when pregnant!

The first child had behavioural problems as a direct result of her mothers drinking, apparently she had a couple of pints 3or 4 times a week (or so she sid!) and the boy with the alcoholic mother was born with feotal alcohol syndrome which means that he has the mental age of a 7 or 8 year old at 12. He struggles with every aspect of his education and will seriously struggle to get a job.
  • Hi Kim

Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to PP!!!!
    I'm Dawn, mum to Cameron 8 months.

Just try to relax and enjoy the baby growing inside your belly, it really is an amazing experience!!
    Also don't be afraid to ask questions, i was always asking my midwife things and it made me feel better that i had as much info as i possibly could.
    Take care xx