Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

SEX AND SPD

Hi ladys just wondered if there is anyone who has any views on having sex but all so suffers from SPD . I am 34 weeks and have had spd since i was 16 weeks but have still been having sex only about once a week because the pain being so bad afterwards in my back and coxis it is very hard because i have not lost my sex drive at all even though i am unable 2 do it anymore but i am at a point now where my body is telling me no .It would be nice 2 know other peoples views . Thank you x.

Replies

• I know what you mean.

I had SPD from 28 weeks and was on crutches from 34 weeks. I also displaced my hip.

My son is now 10 months old and I still have problems am having physio and steriod injections for pain.

Sex still a problem and painful in joints after,

Take care of yourself and give time to heal.
  • Hi gueenpixie thank u 4 for your comments i hope u get back 2 normal soon u r the first person i have spoke that is still having a terrible time that long after giving birth .Most people r back 2 normal within 8 weeks at the most .Was u able 2 have a normal birth i still have 38 days 2 go but have got sex on the brain even throw i can barely move ,must be my raging hormomes ,ha ha ..Ireally fill 4 u because i know how much pain i am in and hopefully 4 not 2 much longer but u r a long way down the road ,do u have a surportive partner of family and how is your baby x
  • hi i not to sure on the sex part but i think i have spd. i am 14wks with my 5th and the pain is fairly bad already going to c mw in 2 wks so gonna see what she suggests. would be great if we could cht i am from stevenage herts lorraine x:x
  • Hi lorraine nice 2 hear from u iam from london and have had spd since i was 16 weeks when isaid 2 my midwife about it she said i was 2 early 2 have this condition it was only when i went 2 a physio she went mad because i did have it . This is my second child have 32 days left cant wait ,i would love 2 chat so speak soon xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Hi I'm Penny in pregnant with my sixth kid. This the first time I have felt this kind of pain . i can barely move. I'm not sure how sex is gonna work as my husband's smell and face irritates me. LOL! Poor guy! Maybe it because we are having a boy. His first by the way. We have 2 girls together and I've always loved his scent and face but now I just dont like it. He's maintained his interest  but from a distance. Hope this passes soon. I'M 23 weeks along and have been dealing with this for a couple of weeks now.