Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Cautious knock at the door... Updated

Hey there. Can I take up that kind offer of a seat in here which has been waiting for me for quite some time? I brought chocolate hobnobs if anyone fancies one. No, scratch that, salty pringles are my best friend right now!

I'm 6+4, and getting the odd wave of nausea. Not full blown morning sickness by any means, and I do sometimes wonder if it's all in my head. Our scan is on Wednesday, and I'm terrified about what they will find. My latest paranoia is that it's all gone wrong, but I'm blissfully unaware as I'm cheerfully stuffing myself full of cyclogest progesterone supplements at 12 hour intervals which is stopping any bleeding. Doing HPTs doesn't really help any more, because I've worked my way up to 3+ weeks on the CBDs, and I figure there will be plenty of HCG coursing through me now... whatever's happening.

Apologies for the pointles and rather downbeat introduction to the forum. Guess we've all been here in some way shape or form though??

Gem - did I see your EDD is just a few days away? Oh my - how exciting! Hope everyone is well, and enjoying their weekend.

[Modified by: *MrsD* on 22 September 2010 21:17:45 ]

Replies

• hi hun, big congrats hun, i can remember how scary it is in the beginning but im sure everything will go just fine, i had sickness till week 23 im actually grateful now cos i have lost loads of weight i was over weight to start with lol. i had my boy almost 3 weeks ago all the stress worry and sleepless nights are so worth it. hope you have a healthy pregnancy xxxx
  • A huge welcome MrsD... it is fantastic "seeing" you here image I can't wait to hear about your scan update on wednesday. The concerns are completely natural... unfortunately they don't stop throughout the pregnancy but you have good symptoms and the nausea is a good sign.
    xxx
  • YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so so happy that you are here. CONGRATS again . enjoy weds, it's amazing seeing the hb (s) xxxxx
  • Hi MrsD!!! I COMPLETELY understand where you are coming from. I am only 11+4 but have had a scan at 6+2 and 8+5 and have my 12 week one on Thursday. I have been terrified each time and am just as bad coming up to Thursday!!

Congratulations on getting here. It really is amazing, isn't it?? Sending you tonnes and tonnes of sticky babydust to roll around in. I did the CBDs until I got to 3+ weeks too and all was fine.

Anyway, take care. When's your due date?

xx
  • Congratulations huni so pleased to see you here.

It's completley natural to feel so anxious lovely.

Scan will be amazing on Wed cant wait to hear all about it.

xxx
  • Wonderful news MrsD! Delighted for you! Totally see where you're coming from re being anxious about that 1st scan - i was on 'knicker check' until about 14weeks, lol! Take good care and we'll all look forward to reading your update. Yey!!!!
    MrsB and Baby Girl-to-be! (25wks-ish)
  • Aw I am so pleased to read this announcement!
    I remember you well from LTTC a long while ago.
    Many congratulations to you and MrD!!!

I think every scan is terrifying, especially early on but I am sure everything will be just fine.
    Xxx

• Its so nice to have another LTTTC join us in here! Congrats on the BFP! XX
  • Congratulations MrsD - you must be over the moon!
    All I can say is try to relax and look after yourself which I know is a lot easier said than done, and of course remain positive.
    Good luck for the scan tomorrow.x
  • Good luck for today MrsD... xxx
  • We had our scan today.... And saw two heartbeats. We are in absolute shock that both embryos have taken. I can't believe it - I'M HAVING TWINS!!!!!!

MrD laughed out loud in the scan room when the screen image popped up with two very distinct sacs. They're measuring 6+1 and 6+5, and although the nurse said the difference in size is nothing to worry about at this stage, I'm booked in for a follow up scan next week.

After the scan I had to go to work and behave normally, but I keep having to stop and think about what this all means. And I guess this all confirms that the nausea isn't in my head!!!!

Thank you all for your lovely messages. We haven't told anyone yet - we've been waiting to get news from the scan. I think I need to practice saying "I'm pregnant" without bursting into tears (Damn hormones!).

Hope everyone is doing well.

MrsD and the pips
    xxxxxxxxxxx
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Mrs D... I am thrilled for you... my DH has just said to me... why do you look so happy and I told him your news and he said thats amazing. I am sitting in bed with a stupid grin on my face for you. Absolutely thrilled.

What perfect news image Many many many congratulations hun,

xxxx
  • OH!!!!!!! MY!!!!!!!! GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's absolutely AMAZING! Fantastic news MrsD, I'm thrilled for you! What good news to start the day with! WHOOOOOOOPYWHOOOOP.
    It's so nice to read success stories - I think it gives us all hope. You take good care of yourself and those precious little beans. TWO!!! What a result.
    xxxx
  • Fantastic news hun always great to see another LTTC graduate and twins too you're extra lucky!

Enjoy ur PG its hard work with twins but SO worth it! If you need any advice i'm happy to help or if ur close enough will happily send my twins round for practise!

Lilac* Jack & Poppy 9 months
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • OMG that is fantastic news im soooo pleased for you, massive massive congrats hun that is just great news!!! xxxx
  • WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How exciting!!!
    This is wonderful news!!
    Congrats again
  • WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Amazing news - delighted for you hun. You take extra good care and keep us updated. Yippee! xx
  • OMG! That is brilliant news! Wow! You must be so pleased! That is going to keep you mighty busy! xx
  • Wow Wow Wow, Yippie.....Double Congratulations!

I've been off having a baby and look what happens! Congratualtions and welcome to PAI... I am so thrilled for you. (I'm super hormonal at the moment and your post just made me blub!)

I cant wait to follow your journey to becoming a mummy!

Congratualtions and well done

Gem x

I