Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

i've had my......

....baby boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi girlies ....many apologies for my long absence....for those of you who don't know, i now have a gorgeous baby boy who is already 5 weeks old! he is amazing and so worth the wait and heartache, every single second of it. it still amazes me how he started out in life....such a little miracle. being a mum is fantastic....much harder than i ever imagined...but absolutely the best experience ever.

he was born 2 wks early by emergency c section and is doing really well.

I'd like to thank you guys from lttc - your support hasbeen amazing along the way. there truly were times when i don't know what i would have done without you. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for anyone reading who doesn't know me, we conceived after just over 1 yr ttc after 1st round of ivf. my dh has/had sperm problems (low in all areas) and i never thought we'd have our baby. so for those still ttc, never give up hope (although i know how very hard that can be at times). although our 'journey' was relatively short it was the hardest time of my life and at the time felt like it was never going to have a happy ending.....but here i am with my son in my arms as i type. i realise every day i lucky and blessed i am and i just hope the same happens for all of you.

xxxx

ps excuse lower case....am typing one handed due to bfeeding at same time!

pps sorry i haven't put more detail about him but i'm a bit concerned about anyone i know reading as we didn't tell friends and family about ivf.

ppps you girlies who are pg, make the most of the chance to rest in mat leave....i wish i had!!!!!!

[Modified by: tinybabydancer on 31 August 2010 16:19:18 ]

Replies

• CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So happy for you....what have you called him etc?

Me and hubby also conceived first time with ICSI after 2 yrs of ttc and I am now 30 weeks! I still can't quite believe I am pregnant so can totally understand how you must feel at your little miracle image

So glad all is ok lots of love to you all xxxx
  • thanks girls!!!!!!

mrs babyno1, congratulations!!! ikwym, don't think i'll ever get over that feeling. it really helps when i'm going mad with exhaustion to remind myself how fortunate i am.

claire, thanks hon. can't believe you are getting so close now!! i was exactly the same, but the things i was spending my time on seem so unimportant now. i haven't slept longer than 2 or 3 hrs in one go in the last 5 wks so just wish i'd rested more! hope all going well with pg.

xxx
  • ......... have been waiting for this one!!!!!
    replying on the chatterers, but for now:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

xx
  • I got tingles reading your BA......

wwwwwwwoooooooooo hhhhhhhoooooooooooo

xxx
  • Yeah!!!! I am so pleased for you tbd! You so deserve this! Thanks for all your support over the last year. Enjoy getting to know your little boy!
  • Yay! So glad you popped back, I have already said congratulations but hey WOOHOO CONGRATULATIONS!!! Really pleased for you. Sometimes life just works xxx
  • Congrats on the little boy!!! I really hope all is well with you both! XX
  • Yayy lovely seeing our BA on here. xxx
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHH MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS Tinybabydancer on the birth of your gorgeous little boy!

Id been waiting for your BA!

Thank you for asking after me too hun that is realy sweet of you. Its still pretty much 2 steps forward 2 back right now. Still trying to come to terms with my ex leaving me, I have had a bit of a breakdown but have been doing my best to pick myself up. Have been feeling bit pants of late & VERY lonely.

Anyway hun, this is a nice cheerful thread about the arrival of you beautiful bundle & im not going to bring it down. I cant believe your LO is here when last Xmas he was a twinkle in your eye! Cliche i know LOL!

I dont post anymore, but i do pop back to see how all my LTTTC buddies are getting on.

Congratulations again hun & Sending you all the best, may your future be filled with the most wonderful & magical memories!

Lotsa luv xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Awww HUGE congrats on your lovely little boy!!

I'm so glad you're enjoying mummyhood so much- it makes me feel so excited for December.

Lots of love to you all xx
  • Congratulations!!

I have been waiting to see your BA and am so pleased for you.

xxxx
  • Hi TBD!!

I don't mind telling you I've just had a little cry! I feel as if I've seen your journey right from the start, through BE and FF and I just couldn't be happier for you that you have your gorgeous little boy in your arms. Well done both you and your HB. Here's to many more LTTTC bundles and happiness for all of us patient Mummys and Mummys to be!

xxx

Princess Star - lots of love to you too. Hang in there. You've done the worst bit I'm sure (and know from experience). Lean on family and friends - whether 'real' or virtual and you will come out the other side to a happier, wonderful life. x
  • CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am so, so happy for you and your little family! I too have been waiting to hear how things went etc. Such a wonderful post to read after all the ups & downs you've had you are finally holding your little boy in your arms!! huge congrats and hope to hear more soon!! Son x x
  • WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!! HUGE congrats! So lovely to read this. xx
  • Hey TBD!!! Congratulations to you and Mr TBD and of course to baby TBD!!!! I can't imagine how it must feel other than AMAZING!!!!

I am sooooo pleased for you hun.

xxxx
  • Wow thank you so much for all your lovely response girlies, I am really touched. Have had a little cry now myself...brings back the memories of posting about my IVF.
    It's amazing how close I feel to you all, despite never having met you.....I guess that's what happens when you go through this turbulent journey together. Thank you again. Right, better make the most of having two free hands as it's a bit of a rarity at the moment (not that I'm complaining). Lots of Love xx
  • Awwwwe TBD I'm so so pleased to see this post I haven't made it on much due to my little man keeping me busy!!!! Many Many Congratulations honey I'm soooooooh chuffed to bits for you I hope motherhood is treating you well & that your feeling ok after CSection??? I know what you mean about the sleep thing lol even though Zach sleeps well I'm still up & down checking on him!!!! Well I best try n get half hours shut eye before he wakes up you watch I'll close my eyes & he'll be up lmao keep in touch honey
    Loads of Love
    Sianni & Baby Zach
    XXXXXXXX
  • congratulations hun what is his name hun? i had my boy on 31st august like we was trying for a year too, and the support from everyone on here kept me going. so i wanted to thank you too hun as many of times you would comment and make me feel better. xxxx
    our lil boy is oscar by the way xxx
  • Congratulations TBD, fanstastic news!! Glad your enjoying being a mummy - the fun starts now XX
  • Aw TBD that is brilliant news. Congratualtions on finally becoming a mummy and thank you for all the support you gave me and others during our journies to motherhood. I love what you have written and feel exactly the same about my beautiful little girl, who i can not believe is 14wks old aready. Treasure him while he is tiny and take plenty of photos as they change so much, blink and you almost miss it X X