Forum home Toddlers & older children Preschoolers
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Need some advice please from pre-schooler mummiees!

Hello Il get straight to it lol My ds is 2 and 1month and i have his name down for a pre school which he most likely has a place at for september.

Well my health visitor was carrying out the 2-21/2 year check and advised that we send him to pre-school asap to get him used to it and so its not too much change in september as im having my 2nd child in august... ect.

Problem is that i think the preschool he is down for doesnt take them in any ealier and im a bit reluctant to put him in a nursuryfor 5 months and then change in september.

Has anybody else dont this or what do you think about changing?

Thanks x

Replies

• my HV said the same to me as I had ds2 when ds1 was 23m.

There are playgroups and preschools in my area that take them before the 15 free hours kicks in. However they tend to charge anything from ??6 a session to ??17.

I did not send ds1 as we could not afford it, plus I wanted him to get to know his baby brother. He has just gone to nursery school now and loves it.

I don't think it made much difference when he went to be honest, but you are his mummy at the end of the day and you will know when to send him!

xxx