Forum home Toddlers & older children Preschoolers
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice needed about my 4yrs-old boy!!

Hiya, just wondering if anyone has any tips on what to do about my 4yrs-old!

He was always a really good sleeper etc from a baby. However, last March, we managed to have a new baby (who he loves to pieces), move house to a different county & make him start a brand new pre-school, all within 3 weeks! Needless to say our problems have started since then.

Our new house is much bigger than the last one, and he refuses to be either upstairs or downstairs on his own. He won't go to the bathroom or play in his own room on his own.

Also, because of this, we have now stupidly got ourselves into the routine of having to stay with him until he falls asleep, but during the night he wakes up several times, coming into our room saying he's scared!

We thought the sleepless nights would be because of the new baby..not him!! Anyone got any idea's on how to break this cycle, very all very tired and need fresh ideas!!!

Replies

• hi, i had this with my eldest too. anyway she has a touch lamp on at night to fall asleep with and also a cd player with story books which she will sit in her bed and look at (and falls asleep to). we keep the light on (it has 3 different degrees of light) on the middle setting until we go to bed and then it gets unplugged. Katelyn is at the moment in the biggest room and she doesnt like it so after xmas she will be changing rooms with her sister and going into the smaller room-she had the smallest room at our old place before we moved too and was a fab sleeper.

could you get a light for your LO or a cd player to put storys on (we have the disney cd books) do you have a smaller room he could sleep in (change rooms)?

My daughter is 6 now btw and still does not play on ehr own in her room, its not a problem though as i can see what shes getting up to when she is in the loungeimage

Also try posting this in toddler as you ill get more replies (older children is a bit quiet!)