Forum home Toddlers & older children Preschoolers

Premmie pre-schoolers and their issues

Hi I am the mother of a soon to be 4 year old girl who was born at 25weeks weighing 600g (1lb 90z). She is great but has her issues. I have recently been researching to see if her foiballs are common place in premmies and have been pleasantly surprised to find that they do seem to be (I can stop blaming myself entirely for her more unpleasant behaviour problems). I just wondered if there were any other mums of premmies out there who also have the same/similar issues and, those with older children still, when it gets easier? My gorgeous girl is a lovely child but has a few behaviour problems commonly associated with early birth and low birth weight, including Communication through screaming An inability to regulate herself and her emotions Total meltdown when transitioning from one activity to another Extreme fussy eating (currently peanut butter Cheerios cheese and bread are the only foods we eat) Global developmental delays, particularly with potty training, ability to control her own body, gross and fine motor skills and social skills. It would be great to know that I'm not alone in this and that it does get better