Forum home Toddlers & older children Preschoolers
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sleeping issues

Hey folks I'm just wondering how and when for those of you who had co-slept and not by choice how did you guys get your 2 1/2 yr old to sleep in their room all night as my poor husband has been sleeping on the couch for the last almost 4 months (since Christmas Eve) I love my son but I want to be able to cuddle with my husband

Replies

• Hiya, i have a friend who chose to co-sleep with her girls. One of them who at 4 years old decided she wanted to sleep in her own bed eventually. She still sleeps with the other one who is nearly 4 - she shows no signs of giving it up.

If your son is still in a cot, you could give him a big boys bed, and make it a huge event that he has his own bed.
    Maybe get a him a super cool racing car style bed (or whatever he's into).
    Alternatively you could put a gate on his door and just put him to bed in his room.
    Or you could do the gradual retreat method - put him in his bed, lay next to him or on the floor and leave once he's asleep - over a few nights, you do this as he's awake and slowly leave the room, but this happens over a few nights.

Whatever you do, i wish you luck.