Forum home Toddlers & older children Preschoolers
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

she starts preschool :(

Hello everyone. Thanks for reading this first of all. 

My baby girl starts preschool doing two whole days from Monday. I know I'm being dramatic as its only preschool but I'm so sad. I'm so silly I know I am. 

She was attending 2 half days for the last year but starts full days soon 

im crying thinking about how I wont see her eating her lunch. I always serve her lunch and am always here with her when she's eating it. 

Shell be unpacking her own lunch there and eating it all by herself and I know it's part of growing up but that image alone makes me sob  

Im being so dramatic and its just 2.5 days a week but I'm so saD

I have a 1 year old Son so it's full on most of the time, no all of the time and I've spent summer pulling my hair out but now I'll miss my girl 

she loves pre school and is super hyper so it's good for her I know this 

It's an end of an era  and I know it's ok as she's happy and being Independent

thanks again for reading this  

I feel better telling someone and there's no need to answer as I'm just being ridiculous  

everyone goes through it and I'm acting precious  

sorry about my grammar but my phone is not playing 

Replies

• Options

I know that the first day will be a day of tension for us. In my case too I was very scared to let my kid to go to school on the first day. But then I thought fora second that he'll be brave and he's going to gain knowledge from others. Also now he know's how to treat others, how to make friends and how to solve problems alone. These things makes me happy and makes me feel proud thinking how much he has developed from his birth till now. Let let her go happily. Don't show your worries to her. She may lose her courage. Be her strength, now and till the end..

• Options

It's perfectly normal to feel that way. My youngest has just started reception class & I am left home alone, 28wks pregnant with twins, telling myself I should be resting up these final few weeks. I spend most of my day looking at the clock & wondering what they may be doing at that point (could it be story time, could they be painting me pictures, could they be out in the playground, are they sitting down to lunch...).

The happy smiling faces each day make it worth the while though, they have fun, they are making friends & they love telling us all about their day.

• Options

Ladies thank you so much for your lovely replies! 

She is very happy and is learning so much. 

She has made friends with two girls who are her 'besties' Altho she plays with all the kids there but it's nice to see her forming relationships and talking about them. 

I was was being dramatic but I guess it's all part of being a mum. 

Thanks again consetta and kazzie. 

Kazzie sending you positive vibes for the birth (not yet) of your beautiful healthy twins! 

X