Forum home Toddlers & older children Preschoolers
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help - My 2 and 1/2 year old has never slept all night

Hi everyone,

I should start this by saying I am probably being over dramatic and I am sure loads of you are going through similar or worse situations so apologies - I am just so tired.

I'm a single parent of a little boy (3 in May) and we currently live with my parents as we are waiting for our new flats construction to finish (september). We've lived with them since he was born.

My son has never slept through the night since he was born and indeed has slept in my bed for almost 2 years now.  It was never my intention to co sleep but after weeks of sleepless nights when he would wake up and howl 5-6 times a night I gave in. It doesn't help that everytime I've tried I get comments from my parents telling me I'm being too harsh etc..

The truth it this has been negatively affecting my own sleep and therefore my own stress and anxiety levels are through the roof. 

I want to get him back in his bed, in his room but I don't even know where to start. Add in the fact he is still requesting milk at night...

Any and all advice welcome

Replies

• edited Apr 23, 2021 10:18AM
    Good day, friend. You shouldn't think so much of it. You need to get used to the fact that children scream at night. Maybe he has some pain, maybe his tummy. Or maybe he had a nightmare. He needs his mom around. You're his mom. In extreme cases, I can advise you to look for Brooklyn Child Care, for example, Little Scholars daycare center. The caregivers from this center were able to help me with solving such issues and somehow miraculously made my child sleep well at night. Ask the professionals.