Forum home Toddlers & older children Preschoolers
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pre-School

Has anyone signed their lo up for pre-school/nursery when they reach 2 1/2 - 3 years old?

Sonny is 19 months & my bf told me yesterday that I probably should have started looking around & getting him on waiting lists about 6 months ago. lol :roll:

I had no idea so have just started looking into it but luckily oh works at a prepratory school & they take pre-prep boys & girls from 2 years old (not that I would send him that soon) & we will get a massive discount on the fees too, so it looks like I will end up paying less for childcare then than I do now as he goes full time to a cm at the mo & it costs over 1300 pounds per term anyway image So that's a bonus.

But has anyone started looking yet & if yes, how early did you start ?

Replies

• Options
    Hi,
    My lo is 19 months too and I am going to start looking in Jan. There are 2 preschools near me and I am going to visit both and put him on a waiting list if I can. The one I think I will prefer is very oversubscribed so I want to make sure he gets a place. Don't want to send him to nursery for personal reasons and the preschools near me are good. Can you believe our little babies are growing up so fast and will be starting preschool then school before we know it! Scary!
  • Options
    My ds starts pre school in February,we put his name down in March as we are 1 road outside the catchment area and wanted to be top on the list for children who are outside the area! He is definately ready to go to pre school and he is looking forward to going already!!