Forum home Toddlers & older children Preschoolers
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

four year old monster and due to drop anyday now

hi,
ive got a four year old daughter and im 39 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. over the last couple of months libbys behaviour has totally changed. she has become an absolute nightmare. i know shes worried about the baby coming and i thought i had done everything right to prepare her for the arrival but now i dont know what to do. shes been involved with the pregnancy right from the start, ive always answered any questions shes had, ive made becoming a big sister exciting and a fun thing to look forward to. ive done everything ive read i should do and more yet i seem to have lost my child somewhere and gained this monster. she wont sleep at night, she shouts and screams at me and will not do anything i ask of her. she ignores me, stamps her feet and lashes out. i try talking to her, punishing her and nothing is working. its causing arguments between me and my partner and i am dreading having this baby now.

help please!:\(

Replies

• Hi

I have no real advice, but to say you're not alone.

I've got a 4 year old daughter who's gone right back to the terrible two's.
    My problem is her 2 year old brother follows everything she does.

She refuses to eat meals and then says she hungry, won't get dressed in the morning and even missed the start of pre-school because I couldn't get her to get dressed in time.

I'm 34 weeks pregnant now and am shattered.

Sorry to moan and take over your thread, but you're definatly not alone.

xx
  • thanks for the post,
    moan away hun, ive put mine on here as a moan.
    libby does the eating and not getting dressed thing too, infact she does anything she can to start something. cant imagine having 2 of them doin it tho!
    hope it gets better for u soon x