Forum home Product Tests Product tests
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Fancy road-testing the new SEAT Ateca with for a fortnight? You could win £100 for your feedback!

Replies

• Options

I'm 39 and my husband is 46. I don't drive but my husband has held a full clean driving licence for over 25 years. We have two kids, a boy aged 8 and a girl aged 4, both of whom go to a local school. Currently we drive a Dacia Sandero Stepway 1.5 diesel (2014) which has been a great car but it's slightly too small now the kids are growing up. We live in a detached house in a suburb of Nottingham. Between us we have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and a LG Nexus 5X phone. 

We are very much an average family so the car would be used for commuting, shopping trips, dropping kids off at granny's, piano lessons, dance classes, trips to the park - it's family-friendly credentials would really be put to the test!

• Options

Daniel and I (31 and 30) live in London with our daughter Ruby (3) and son Zephy (1). We drive a Mazda 3 and I have a Samsung Galaxy s5. We'd love to put this car through its paces-off to ballet lessons, negotiating tight parallel parking, trips to Epping forest and fast paced London living. We'd love to test a car that helps to do what we love as a family better.

• Options

Hi

We would love to test the Seat for you. We are a family of 3 and a beautiful jug dog. I'm 28, Hubby 27 and baby girl Meredith is 2 Weeks old. 

We have a Yaris and a Peugeot at the moment and can only fit the car seat in the Yaris, would be good to see how much room we'd have in the Seat.

We go on lots of walks with the dog and drive down the M6 to Cheshire weekly to see my nephew.

My husband loves driving and I'm not very keen on it so you'd get opinions from both perspectives which is really important.

To me the most important thing is feeling safe and secure in a car. 

We live in north west England (Blackburn) and are available on the dates youve stated.

Thank you 

• Options

Hi, I am 38 and my husband is 41, we both have clean licenses. We have two girls aged 8 and 9 and they are driven around in a 2006 VW Touran. We live in South East London. I have a Iphone 6s and my Husband a One Plus three Android phone. We mostly drive around after sport events for the girls, but also like to break away from the city over weekends. We are currently on the lookout for a replacement for our 10 year old car and am looking at something like an SUV for the better visibility that it provides.

I would love to try out the new Seat Ateca as it is one of the cars we noticed when it recently entered the market.

• Options

* Your age, and the age of your partner (if you have one) - The wife and I are both 34

* The age of each of your children and whether they are a boy or a girl - We have 2 girls, aged 5 and 2.

* The make and model of the car you own currently (if you own one) - We have 2 Vauxhall cars, an Insignia and an Astra.
    * Whereabouts in the UK you live - Medway Towns in Kent
    * The make and model of your smartphone - iPhone 6
    * Any other details you’d like to share about your family life (house, pets, things you like to do etc) - We live on a walkway which makes loading and unloading any car heaps of fun! Although we are in the process of moving so there has been lots of trips to the local recycling site. We have 2 identical looking cats called Prinny and Bobby. During the week our time is filled with nursery run, school run then the commute to work, but at the weekend we like going to visit family and trips to parks/beaches.
    * Why your family would be a great choice for testing this car - Our current car is used like a yo-yo, having to drop my youngest off at nursery, then back to near where we live for my eldest to go to breakfast club before I can head into work. The boot is opened at least 7 times a day. My eldest likes to climb through from the back into the front seat if we get outside school early enough. And all this is while connecting my phone to the in-car stereo so that Taylor Swift or One Direction can blast out at 7.45am. We are an incredibly picky and pedantic family so any slight issue is noticed and commented upon so feel that as reviewers we would give an honest and unbiased report!

• Options

This is us - The Bryant Bunch imageimageimageimage

* I turned 50 this year and my husband (of 25 years) is 51 years old. 
    * We have a lad of 12 and a daughter aged 10.
    * We have 2 cars - a VW Touran and a Vauxhall Agila (In the past we have owned an Ibiza and an Alhambra). We are due for a car change very soon... 
    * We are from South Devon - close to the sea and moorland.
    * I have an iphone 6S plus (thinking that I am due for an upgrade very soon to the new 7plus).
    * We both work and as a family we also play hard, we have a pooch and I run, we all walk, cycle and surf - evenings and weekends, we are out and about at planned events - taking the children to team sports and clubs across the county. Our house is always full of family and friends. True fact - We love cars and we've attended Goodwood Festival of Speed every year for the past 6 years for our fix!
    * If you chose us we will certainly put the car through it's paces - giving a different perspective from each family member's viewpoint AND we would even 'showcase' it to our family and friends!

The dates are good for us.

• Options

I am a busy single Mummy of a gorgeous 8 year old.  I do a rota with my friends 9 and 7 year old - all girls so I always have a car full!!

We live in London so roads are often busy and we love cycling and often take our bikes out.  I currently drive a VW golf.

We also have a cat called Bubblegum!!

• Options

I have three children aged 16, 13 and 4. 

We are an active family and are always out and about in "mums taxi" so the test car would certainly get a good review. 

We like to go out at weekends, often on day trips and enjoy spending time as a family. 

The children are incrediblly vocal and would certainly give their honest opinions :)

• Options

Travelling every day to work in a small KA hatchback, taking the kids to school, the weekly shop, taxing my son and his mates, my car sure gets its use. It would be handy to review a larger car as I have had my small hatchback for a long time and even though its small and compact I am able to make the most of it. It would be interesting to compare fuel economy, drive ability and also importantly parking. I would be able to test drive on the dates stated and give a unbiased frank review of the car.. Look forward to seeing the reviews when the project is completed. 

• Options

I am 38 years old and my partner Natalie is 31.

We have 2 children, Madison who is 4 going on 14 and Logan who is 1 and a cheeky monkey.

We currently drive a Vauxhall Zafira Nav

We currently live in a village called Flitwick in Bedfordshire.

I have a Google Nexus 6P and my partner has a HTC M8

We have a new little puppy Springer Spaniel that is 19 weeks old and is called Lexi. We love going off for long walks to new locations in the forests or by the seaside and will often just get in the car and go out for the day as a family. Driving a reliable and comfortable car is important with a young family. We enjoy an adventurous and spontaneous life as a family.

I believe our family would be a great choice to test the car for you as we are honest, down to earth, reliable and with clear and concise feedback in a timely manor and complete any tasks requested of us.

Ian

• Options

age- 37
    * 2 girls age 1 and 7
    * ford focus
    * north west england
    * Samsung s4 mini
    * we love as a family to go out on adventures and for nights away but with a 1 year old we can't pack light. The travel cot, nappies, 27 outfits for all eventualities. Matching she's and handbags for the older one, we need everything inc the kitchen sink or it feels like that. Thinking of changing our car next year so would be great to test something to see how it compares and whether we can fit all our luggage in :)

• Options

My partner and I are 39 and 37.

We both hold full clean driving licences, have had now claims and have both been driving since our early 20s.

We have a girl aged 5 and a boy aged 3 - nearly 4.

I own a Renault Megan - which we are finding to be quite a tight squeeze - it is some years old now and we are thinking of purchasing something larger but have no idea where to start.

We live in Exeter, Devon.

I own an iPhone 6.

We love to be out and about and the children love visiting grandparents and going to parks after school and the forest on weekends.

We would love to test drive the car and would hope this would help us get a jump on what car to go for next - it may even be this one.

We have a cat and a rabbit, neither of which travel unless it's to the vet.

We would be available for the dates indicated.

• Options

Hi I would love to be a tester for this car.  I am 29 and my partner is 24.  I have an 8 year old daughter and am currently pregnant with my second.

I currently have a citroen saxo, but am always hiring cars to drive to scotland to visit my partners family.  We live in Canvey Island in Essex.

I have a Samsung S3 and partner has an Iphone 5S.

we will be looking for a new car soon as hae been saving up.  We will need a bigger car when the baby arrives as we also have a dog Digga (Sharpei cross italian mastiff).  We lobe going for days out at the weekends and during school holidays but also go out to take Digga out in the evenings.  We go to the beach and parks alot too and this would be a perfect opportunity to test the size and if we could fit us all in comfortably. xx

• Options

Im 42 and my husband is 35.

We have a daughter aged 9 and I have a son from a previous marriage who's 16.

I drive a Hyundai i10 and live in Eastbourne, East Sussex.

My phone is an Apple iPhone 6.

We both work full time .My husband works as a car body repairer/sprayer and I have 2 jobs. I work in a private school as a catering assistant and in my local sports centre as a receptionist. My son has just started 6th form college and my daughter doesn't like school much but loves her cheerleading and gymnastics classes. In our spare time we like to have fun as well as relax. We love to spend time with other members of the family and regularly do so, we love the movies and we love to explore quaint little towns.

Our family would be a great choice for testing the SEAT Ateca because we are never out of the car lol ( or so it seems ). I feel like a chauffeur ! Every weekday morning I drop off my son at college in one direction, then in the completely opposite direction I have to drop my daughter off and then get myself to work, then  at 2.30 I have to do it all over again ! But it doesn't stop there because after dinner I have to chauffeur them to their clubs it literally is never ending !

What better way to test a car is there, it really would get put to the test of being part of a busy family.

We would give  an honest impartial review on driving the car, running costs, features, comfort, safety etc 

• Options

Hello, I am 33 and my husband is 40. We have a little daughter who is 10 months old. We currently own a Hyundai i20 which proves a bit small for our needs so we would love an opportunity to test a bigger car and Seat Ateca sounds ideal. 

We both have smartphones, mine is HTC Desire and husband's is Samsung Galaxy.

We live in Chigwell, Essex.

I'm currently on maternity leave and my husband is not office based and can work from any location so we are often on the road, visiting family in Suffolk or taking day trips to the coast, to Epping Forest etc. Travelling with a baby is like moving homes as they come with so much gear, we do feel a bit cramped in our current car. It might be time for an upgrade!

• Options

We are a family of four, I am 30 years old my boyfriend is 39. We have two boys aged 4 and 17 months. Our youngest boy has a extended rear facing car seat and our oldest has a high back booster seat, both are isofix. I have a iPhone 5s. I currently drive a Landrover Freelander 2, as I use my car for our boys and our two dogs.  We live in Rutland,

We have always had 4 wheel drive cars as we find that they have the space we need for our family. We alos live in quite a rural area.

• Options

We can also do those dates x

• Options

Hi! I am 40 years old and my husband is 41. We have 3 children; and two are under 13 - Barnaby is 9 (boy) and Abigail is 7 (girl). We have two cars in our family but are looking soon to trade one in and get a new family model. I currently drive a VW Beetle convertible which is great fun for little trips around the town with the kids but not at all practical! My husband drives a Saab 93, which is a nice size but has done over 100,000 miles now and is feeling a tad old and tired! We live in Ashford, Kent and are near major motorways. We always have trips out at the weekend and my hubby often plays a quick round of golf so we need to make sure we find a car that has a decent boot size! I have a Samsung S6 for my smartphone and the hubby has recently upgraded to the S7.

We are a family that enjoys time together at the weekends and we always make sure that we go out and about. I particularly enjoy driving so we tend to make sure we go out of our local area to enjoy new places. It would be great to test this car and see how it drives on longer journeys and also local ones like the school run.

• Options

Hi my daughters are 13 and 10. We have 3 cats. As I have 2 active daughters, I'm always ferrying them and their friends to football training, matches and dancing so I'm used to driving in all kinds of conditions and areas. I currently drivery a Toyota Yards Hybrid automatic which is very economical. So I would love to try out the new Seat to see how it compares.

• Options

I am 41. Hubby is 43. Our sons are 8 and 10. I drive a VW Polo and hubby drives a Honda Civic. We are in Bristol. We both have iPhones - mines a 6S, his is a 7.

We would be a great choice for testing this car as we would be able to test it in every condition - crawling in traffic jams on the way to work, normal about town driving taking the boys to their Taekwondo and swimming clubs, and out in the countryside up and down steep hills, windy roads, etc following our weekend pursuits. And given our location with several motorways nearby a test of safe acceleration on a nice straight road.

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions