Forum home Product Tests Product tests

Baby Dove Rich Moisture product test: the feedback thread

Replies

• hey :) 

Received our soap bar yesterday. So we used it in today's bath. It smells lovely just like all of the other products, but I found it took a lot off rubbing on my hand to get the soap of the bar to use it on Harper. However it did leave her skin feeling lovely 🎀 

Thankyou for letting us sample and reviews these products :) 🎀

• We have also now tested out the soap bar

i never normally buy soap bars as I don't like the feeling of my skin after so I was a little dubious about testing it on Jenson, however, I was really impressed! 

It smelt great just like the rest of the range, and left his skin feeling lovely! 

another great product in this lovely new range 

• We received the soap bar yesterday so just completing our review of this range.

I don't normally buy soap bars as I think of them as somehow unhygienic so I've never used them with my little girl before. I also don't like how they just sit in the open inbetween uses... it's a personal preference thing I guess!!

At first my daughter was a little confused by the soap but loved throwing it around the bath and giggled hysterically every time it slipped out of her hands or she couldn't grip it properly! I showed her how to make a lather with her hands and apply it over her body which she also found funny!

I loved the smell of the soap as it's the same as the other products and her skin was nice and soft once she was dry! 

Overall the bar was a hit with my daughter but I'm still not a believer in bars of soap so although it was lovely we wouldn't purchase this normally. I could maybe see us buying this as a last minute throw in to a suitcase to keep weight down while travelling though.

Thanks again for the opportunity to test and review the Dove baby range

• Hello! Just adding to my review with the soap bar that we received a few days ago in the post. 

It looks like a standard soap bar, but once again the smell is just amazing! I have never used a soap bar on isabelle beforr but she seemed to love it and was laughing in the bath whilst I was applying it - bless her it must of tickeled her tummy. 

I can't compare it to any other soap bars because it's the only one I've used but there's was nothing I didn't like about it. And using it alongside the head to toe wash, shampoo and body Lotion just seems to leave her skin so soft and smelling beautiful. 

I would buy the soap bar again, and I would say it is value for money but on the flip side I don't have any other soap bar to compare it to but it seems great. 

Thank you for letting us test the dove range,my baby smells beautiful! 

• I recieved the dove baby bar a few days ago. 

I would say the packaging is great and it also has a lovely smell. 

the soap is mild and gentle, doesn't dissolve  or melt away resulting to waste. It didnt make my LO's skin dry and it seems to help keep the moisture in. LO was enjoyed his bath more as the soap tickled him a lot. 

• We received our soap bar just before we left for our holiday, so I quickly packed it to use at the airport hotel! 

The smell was lovely, but I wouldn't buy a soap bar over the pumps, however, it gave a lovely silky feel to my sons skin, and as I mentioned he smelt lovely afterwards. This lasted until the morning which is the same as the other products we reviewed & a definite plus point for us, some other products we've used in the past haven't lasted in terms of the scent, which is what some people want, especially on a young baby, but as my LO likes crawling about and getting messy so the long lasting scent is a good thing. 

Again as I mentioned in my previous review, his skin is generally good but this did make it lovely & soft! 

I will be keeping it for emergency's like running out of the pump soap - thumbs up dove! 

• We have been using the soap bar for a few days now and it smells lovely just like the rest of the products! It lathers up nicely when using a sponge and is really smooth. Hunter's skin felt super soft after using it as well. 

I've never been one to use soap bars but I will continue using this one as it is lovely and will probably buy it in the future. 

• Just adding my little bit about the soap bar :)

loved it-I love a dove bar-so to have a baby one is awesome. I love bars of soap as they last much longer for us compared to a bottle. (My husband is a bit over zealous with amounts of products used!!) 

smelled lovely,  wasn't drying for babies skin. No tears also, thankfully! 

i actually used this on myself and I have a large tattoo that's healing, and it was perfect for that also. 

Would definitely recommend this! And I'll be taking on holiday for the little one! Xxx

• I got dove soap on Monday so used it last night for bath time and thought it smelled lovely! I use dove soap myself so love the product . Would recommend it to other Mums

• Hello, 

We also received the soap bar a few days ago. We tested it and it gathered well and lrft Penny's skin feeling soft and clean. 

I however didn't like the smell. Like the wipes I found the smell a bit chemically and not clean smelling like the rest of the range. 

Apart from smell I would recommend to other parents. I think I'm in a minority with my dislike of the smell. 

• *in addition to my original feedback*

We were later sent out a bar of Dove Baby soap to test, along with the other products. 

I am a big fan of the original Dove Soap, and use it regularly on myself so was quite excited about this product. It certainly didn't disappoint! Just like the original version, it seemed to lock in moisture without making my baby girls skin greasy looking, like i've found with some soap bars. Again, she suffers with mild eczema and this didn't seem to irritate her at all. It had the same amazing fragrance as the other products, so fresh and clean smelling!

I will definitely continue to buy these products after testing them for the past few weeks. Very impressed with the Dove Baby range :)

• We received our dove soap bar this morning so after a messy morning playing with jelly we decided to have a morning bath so we could try out the soap. It smelt lovely and lathered up well in the water.  Heidi had fun playing with it! It smelt gorgeous on her skin and didnt appear to dry her skin out like other soap bars. I'm tempted to use some myself later! We will definitely buy this product again. Thanks for letting us test these products!

• Hi everyone,

So sorry we have just arrived back from holiday this morning to the dove soap bar!

really sorry we did not make the feedback for the soap intime.

BW

• Hi Alba B, we hope you had a lovely holiday! There's still time to use the soap bar! Please do try it out in the next day or so and let us know how you got on with it - we'll wait for your feedback. 

• Hi!

Well it came in rather handy after a sticky flight so I chucked it straight in the bath there and then so I can help with that one I just did not want to write it if it could not be used.

Firstly I loved the accented shape of the bar,much like the adult version it was far easyer to hold than some other brands. The scent much like the rest of the range was the first thing that struck me. So soft gentle unyet scented enough to give you that "baby smell" smelling.

The soap was used alongside the rest of the range and I felt it completed the package, It glided on but gave enough of a soapy texture for me to consider if I needed to wash also. The bars price is affordable and I would recommend this to all my mummy friends.

x

• Unfortunately I am bow away until June and the bar didn't arrive before I went so we haven't been able to test it :(

• Don't worry Smith123, it's not a problem at all. 

• I still haven't received my soap 😔

• Oh Nevesmummy, we're not sure where its got to (it was sent a week ago) but please don't worry too much at all. 

• When I recieved the soap I could already smell it through the box, it smelt gorgeous! I couldn't wait to use it. It latheted up so well & it was so soft on Penny's skin. I think I may use it myself. 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions