Forum home Product Tests Product tests
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Marks Range: the feedback and review thread

Replies

• Options

Hello!

Well, here we are. After one week of use I am so far pretty pleased with the products. I started testing at 27 weeks pregnant with my fourth child. I’m afraid the bump pic has turned out grainy looking - please let me know if I need to repost.

Look - the products are aesthetically quite pleasing. Personally I find the pump lotion bottles a little annoying and impractical and for that reason prefer the two products that come in a standard tube and in the tub. The look of the butters themselves is pleasing and of good quality. The packaging looks good. 

Texture - so far I have mostly used the creams, and not delved too deep into the tub of tummy butter. However I am happy with textures of all three for different uses. the texture of the lotion butters is really nice. Silky and thick without being goopy or unspreadable. I like that the texture feels substantial but also light enough to be creamy. As a person with sensitive skin myself and also a massage therapist things like hand feel, skin feel and thickness really matter to me in a product and I am surprised how much I do enjoy the texture of all three products. My skin has so far responded really well and been only soothed and not irritated at all by the products. Pleasantly surprised! 

Scent - I do not find the scent at all disagreeable, but I don’t love it. I am a little unsure what the scent is.... obviously the component parts of the butters (!), but there’s a hint of something added scent wise that confuses me a bit - like it’s “meant” to be something and I’m not sure what. This is not enough put me off at all (and I am someone who will refuse to touch a product with a smell I don’t like!), it’s not irritating or synthetic either, but I am not in love with the scent. Having said that, this pregnancy even more than my others my sense of smell and my taste buds have been really oversensitised. I am willing to believe that is all that is happening! The smell is certainly not overpowering which is a big bonus. 

That’s it for now! I have to say so far I like the results on my skin. Elasticity and moisture retention is good and it feels both nurturing and healthy to be applying these products. 
  • Options
    Week 1
    I started using the Palmers products at 20weeks pregnant. I have been using the products 3 times a day and I like to keep pretty active. So far I have no obvious stretch marks appearing after 1 week of use.
    Look- The packaging looks great and is no fuss.
    Scent- I love the smell of all of the products, it smells lovely and lasts all day long.
    Texture- I like the texture of the massage lotion and cream, they glide on to my skin with ease. I personally find the tummy butter difficult to apply but have found that warming it up in my hands for a few minutes helps to make it go on smoother. All 3 of the products take a while to dry and absorb into the skin so make sure you leave enough time to let it dry in before getting dressed. I think overall they have left my skin feeling soft and moist all day long!
  • Options
    Week 1
    I started using these at 25+3 
    Look - love all three products, especially the pump that the lotion comes in, makes it so much easier to dispense and can just leave it on my dressing table. The leaflet that came with the kit was useful to explain how the three products are different and tips for using them, otherwise I would have been unsure. Maybe this little chart should be on the labels of each product?
    Scent - love palmers cocoa butter so can’t go wrong with these!
    Texture - I find the lotion and cream really easy to rub on, a nice consistency. It soaks in well although you do have to wait a while before dressing! I struggled with the butter to begin with as it’s really hard to get out of the tub! I have learnt that once you get a chunk out and warm it up between your fingers, it then is MUCH easier to apply. This is by far my fave. I use this one at night for a more intense moisturise and love that even the next day it is still there and working. 
    Can’t wait to keep trying these and see how they work!
    thank you! 
  • Options
    This is my second pregnancy and I was lucky enough to not experience any stretch marks with the first. I am currently 21 weeks pregnant now.
    look- I was really impressed with the packaging, nice and sturdy, and pleasing to look at, you also know straight away that it’s a palmers product too.
    smell- having used palmers cocoa butter in the past I expected this product to smell the same, but the scent is much lighter and nicer, it seems to last all day too which is lovely.
    feel -I used the massage lotion a lot this week, as I found that it rubbed in really nicely without leaving any residue. So far really nice product really happy.
  • Options

I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and began using the Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Marks Range a week ago. Here is a picture of my tummy/body after one week of use:

Here’s what I think of the look, texture and scent of each product I’ve tried:

Lotion:

Look: bottle is very aesthetically pleasing and the lotion itself is a nice white colour.

Texture: I like the texture of the lotion, it rubs in well and leaves my skin feeling moisturised

Scent: the Palmer’s lotion smells fantastic! I like the smell of the cocoa butter and my husband said it smelt nicer than another brand I used earlier in pregnancy.

Cream:

Look: the cream looks great!

Texture: the cream is much thicker than the lotion but also rubs in to my skin well. I use it on my established stretch marks and try to use it a little after I use the lotion.

Scent: the cream smells lovely, just like the lotion.

Tummy butter:

Look: the tummy butter pot looks good and the butter itself is a more golden colour than the lotion and cream.

Texture: this is the only thing I didn’t like about the Palmer’s products. The tummy butter is very hard to get out of the pot as it’s quite solid. We tried putting it on the radiator to melt it a little but it was still quite hard to get a good amount out. 

Scent: the tummy butter still smells amazing though! All three of the products look and smell great.

I would definitely recommend the lotion and the cream to pregnant friends. We’re on holiday at the moment and the lotion and cream leave my skin feeling moisturised and great even after an hour or so in the sunshine!

• Options
    Carls Ems said:
    Week 1 
    This is my second pregnancy and I did not experience any stretch marks with baby number 1 and I’ve always been a fan of palmers. One week on using Palmers: smells amazing, I have really dry and sensitive skin, but my skin now feels exceptionally moist.  
    Look- love the concept and its pacakaged well.
    Sent- fresh and I feel sun kissed 
    Texture- non greasy, easy to apply and works pretty well with my skin type.  

• Options
    Currently 25 + 5 with my second baby and started using these products a week ago. 
    I think the products are very well packaged and look more expensive than what they are. I like that it's clearly visible what there for and that they are safe to use during pregnancy. 
    I really like the texture of the lotion and the cream, both go on very easily and soak in nicely, the dispenser on the lotion is also very helpful. I am however not a fan of the tummy butter, when I eventually was able to get some out of the tub I found it quite grainy and greasy, also took a very long time to soak in to my skin. 
    Regarding the scent of the product, I'm personally not a huge fan  I'm quite sensitive to smells anyway and even more so during pregnancy. If I could choose I think I'd prefer a fragrance free option.
    Looking forward to continuing with the products for the next 5 weeks 

• Options
    I started using the stretch mark range at 22+0. This is my first pregnancy.

Look-all of the products look high quality from the packaging and are clearly a stretch mark range for pregnant women. The tummy butter looks luxurious from the packaging and the pump on the lotion looks appealing for ease of use.

Texture-i first used the tummy butter. It was a struggle to get a decent amount out of the tub as it is so firm. It feels quite thick when you rub it on but this does mean it feels like it is deeply moisturising. The tummy butter is my least favourite as when it dried it went flakey, which also transferred to clothing, and made my skin feel sticky/tacky even after having a good soak in the shower. The lotion with the pump smooths on really easily and dries nicely. You could still feel the next day that the skin was well moisturised. The massage cream I found very similar to the lotion, applied and dried nicely. I think the cream would be good to have in your swim/gym/handbag so if you had any bouts of itchiness or had forgotten to apply at home you could do it easily away from home.

Scent-none of the products had a strong scent. I found the tummy butter smelt a bit like honey and the cream and lotion just like a standard moisturiser smell. 

• Options

I started using the product a week ago, I've used it as per the instructions on the bottle. I was 25 weeks pregnant when I started using the product and this is my second child. The stretch marks I have are from the previous pregnancy. I havent developed any new stretch marks.

Scent: I love the scent of the tummy butter. It smells delicious. The lotion and cream smelled good, I found the smell fairly neutral and not offensive.

Texture: I loved the texture of the tummy butter. It was a bit difficult to scoop out of the jar but I would just scoop out a chuck warm it in my hands and then I loved how it felt on my skin. It also kept my skin feeling moisturized for the whole day, I havnt struggled with the itchiness that I have in pregnancy. The tummy butter is a real spoil.  I also enjoyed the texture of the lotion, it was effective and not tacky. The cream was ok but I found it a tiny bit tacky. 

Look: I think all the products look nice, straightforward and practical, easy to recognise as the "Palmer's" brand. 
    I liked the pump container of the lotion a bit more the tube the cream came in. 
  • Options
    Look - love the look of all three products, very subtle and the packaging looks very true to what the product is like! 
    Scent - smells lovely and not too strong which can be an off put when pregnant and sensitive to smells! 
    Texture - feels lovely on the skin and is not too oily at all. You don't even feel like it's on your skin and doesn't leave a mark on clothing after use!

Really enjoying putting it on everyday after bath or a shower, I have quite a few stretch marks from my 1st pregnancy but I'm hoping this will just help me keep my skin nice and hydrated for the next 20 weeks :) 
  • Options
    Massage Lotion
    Look:Bottle is clear and informatice. Lotion itself has a standard lotion look, which is fine.
    Texture: Nice and light which makes it easy to use.
    Scent: Overall, not bad but has a slight chemical smell.

Tummy butter
    Look & Texture: to be honest, I dont see how it differs from Palmer’s orginal cocoa butter solid formula.

Scent: like the solid orginal formula, it has a lovely pungent smell.

Massage cream
    Look: I prefer this bottle and texture to the massage lotion. 
    Texture: again, prefer this to the massage lotion
    Scent: Worst out scent of them all. Smells too much like chemicals and lacks the lovely cocoa butter scent.

I started used the products at 23 weeks + 2.

• Options
    Here’s my bump after one week use...
  • Options

19 weeks. I love the smell the texture and the silky soft feeling after testing it on my skin. Beautiful scent too. No stretch marks currently 
  • Options
    The scent soon as I opened it I could smell the beautiful natural smell of the products. The tummy butter has my favourite familiar feel and scent. 
    Texture.
    the texture of them all if fine I felt it would leave me feeling greasy and my skin feeling slimy but this was not the case. Left my skin feeling beautifully soft.
    the look was familiar too and felt safe to use on my bump. The message cream was my favourite by appearance 
  • Options

Been using the products for a week. Started at 16+2 days. Not much bump yet!

Look: I love the image of the pregnant lady and the product names are clear on the packaging. There are a lot of other words, information, logo etc on the front which I felt was a bit too much. Like the lotion bottle best as I find it easiest to use.

Texture: I'm happy with the texture of the cream and lotion, although they do leave me felling a bit tacky and need to soak in before putting clothes on. The butter is too hard. I don't feel like I'm getting much of it.

Scent: I love the butter smell! It is just amazing. But don't really like the other two. They have an off smell that I can't quite place, but don't really enjoy!
  • Options
    Week 2 and I started having stretch marks. The texture still makes my skin feel dirty like I need to wash it after. I will keep using it and hope it gets better.😐
  • Options
    Week 2

been using the products for 2 weeks now (27 weeks). I have noticed that my stomach feels more moist throughout the day so I think it is sinking in. It’s so easy to use and quick to apply. I had a few little stretch marks but at the moment they don’t seem to be getting worse, fingers crossed it continues 😊
  • Options
    Hi, 

I’m finally getting round to uploading my picture after a very hectic week. 

These palmers products are amazing, they are simply packaged which is good as everything you want to know is easily available to read. 

I much prefer the texture of the lotions as the butter takes longer to absorb however the smell of the butter makes it a clear winner for me. Putting the body butter on is a luxury rather than a chore, it makes me relax. Absolutely love it! 

I started the testing at 23 weeks pregnant. 

• Options
    Week 2
    smell still lovely 
    texture i still find that it makes me quiet hot and sweaty. 
    Not many stretch marks which is a plus 
  • Options
    I’ve just got my products today and started using them! They smell amazing! I will post my bump picture and look,texture, smell in a weeks time☺️Xx
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions