Forum home Product Tests Product tests
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Marks Range: the feedback and review thread

Replies

• Week 2 of trial and week 22 of pregnancy.

I’m still really enjoying the massage lotion, especially from the tube as it’s less fussy to get out than the pump action bottle. The look and feel of the lotion is really luxurious and leaving my tummy feeling really hydrate and soft. Still really enjoying the smell too, it’s not too strong or overpowering as my sensitivity to smell seems to have come back at the moment.
    no stretch marks yet, so far, so good, very happy!
  • Jem90 said:
    Week 1 Look - they definitely look more expensive than they are, and are packaged well. Texture - I really like the texture of the massage lotions, they absorb well and don’t leave a sticky residue. The tummy butter I have found very difficult to actually get any out of the pot, it’s solid!! Not sure if maybe my room is a little cold but I think I would have been disappointed had I bought this as I haven’t really been able to use it. Scent - they smell really nice and coconutty, the smell isn’t overpowering which is perfect for when you’re pregnant!
    Meant say - I started using this at 24 weeks :) 
  • DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
    edited Mar 24, 2019 9:07AM
    Hi everyone, we just wanted to thank you for providing your first batch of feedback, after using the products for 1 week - thank you! 
    Just to be sure, after posting that first feedback, and first picture we don't need you to post any more until 5 weeks later (don't forget to take your weekly bump photos). 
    @tury
    @HappyHappy2019
    @Prxttynikki
    @Vma19
    we hope this all makes sense, but please just let us know if it doesn't?
    So, post comments and first photo after 1 weeks use. 
    Take weekly pictures for 5 weeks, and at the end of the 5 weeks, come back and tell us again your comments and share your pics. 
    Let us know if you need any help. 

• So week 3 and the flaky texture after putting the lotion is still there makes it not easy to absorb quick enough.  the butter is too hard to put. Smells still nice but is way too slow to dry through. Will keep using it and see the end result x
  • Hi - sorry for my late feedback I forgot my password for the account. 
    I’ve been using this product now for 2 weeks. I was 26+2 when I started. 
    I definitely prefer the lotions to the butter (altho I do prefer the smell of the butter) as I find the butter hard to get out of the tub, it’s solid! The massage lotion in the pump bottle is my favourite. The texture is great & I find if I leave it to dry for a minute or so it doesn’t get into the clothes. I’ve been doing this twice a day for two weeks now and think I am seeing a result. The below picture is the day I started using the lotions. Unfortunately I had some stretch marks pre pregnancy due to weight fluctuation! 
  • AlisPAlisP Regular
    edited Mar 28, 2019 7:00PM

Trial started 21st March (Pregnancy Week 20 + 6 days)

Tummy Butter

The texture: They recommend circling the product to warm it up then smoothing it onto the skin but this can take quite a while. I found it easier to ‘dig out’ a small pea sized blob and warm it up between the tips of my fingers (using two hands) then apply it. The product is really absorbent, which is great as it doesn’t leave you feeling greasy. It leaves your skin & (finger tips!)  feeling really soft and silky.

The scent: I was expecting the butter to smell a lot sweeter but it was a lot more of a musky vanilla/waxy smell. When rubbed into the skin the vanilla smell becomes stronger. I think the smell is really calming, so I like to use this product last thing at night before bed.

Massage Lotion

The texture: The lotion is a really good consistency, not too thin/ thick. It spreads quickly, evenly and easily over the whole belly so you don’t have to keep adding more. The lotion absorbs fairly quickly, I like to use this product every morning before getting dressed and I’ve had no transfer onto clothes so far. It leaves my bump feeling really hydrated and soft.

The scent: I find this product a lot less scented than the butter; to me it smells more like a plain moisturizer with a tiny hint of almond.

Massage Cream

The texture: The cream is thicker in texture than the lotion but not too much. It spreads evenly and easily. I find the cream takes a little bit longer to absorb. For now I like to use the cream in target areas where I have old stretch mark scars (hips, boobs, inner thighs) I am looking forwards to using this cream all over further on in my pregnancy.

The scent.
    Similar to the lotion, it smells more like a plain moisturizer with a tiny hint of almond. It also has a slightly medically smell to it. But maybe this is just me (my sense of smell is all over the place lately!) 

Overall look/product packaging: I have never been drawn to Palmers products on a shelf because of their ‘fussy’ packaging. They like to use a lot of text in a mixture of fonts, colours + sizes.  Placed next to other products on my cosmetic shelf they do appear less ‘luxury’ than the sleeker, minimalistic packaging used by other brands. However, the content is more important! Besides the labels, the actual bottles are very sturdy and allow you to get the product out easily without mess. My favourite is the pump dispenser, as you can do this very quickly in the morning without any hassle.

• Week 3, still loving the smell and feel of the massage lotion. Really liking the tube over the pump action bottle. The smell is nice and growing more and more on me every day. I have to say I’m not so sure about the body butter, initially I really liked it, but recently I’ve found that it’s harder to rub in and not leaving my skin feeling nice and moisturised but more on the greasy side.
  • Trial started 23rd March (Pregnancy Week 22 + 3 days) 

Tummy Butter

The texture: I found it hard to get out! I had to dig my nails into it  

The scent: I love the smell 

Massage Lotion

The texture: It leaves my bump feeling really hydrated and soft! So easy to apply and it dries fast

The scent: Not as strong as the butter but still smells amazing 

Massage Cream

The texture: The cream is thicker so I use this at night before bed. 

The scent. 
    Similar to the lotion. Love the smell

Overall look/product packaging: I love that you can tell it’s a pregnancy product straight away! They also look a lot more expensive than they are. Very neat packaging! 

It won’t let me send my bump picture in?! 

• Hi @Steviie thanks so much for the feedback so far. 

To post pics, you might need to shrink your images first (sorry, we currently have a pic size limit in place): here is a guide how to do that (takes 2 mins) or alternatively screengrab your pics and post the grabs. 

• Hi sorry for a late review just been so busy. I’ve been using the massage lotion and the cream for over 2 weeks now. I’m 25 weeks pregnant and thankfully no stretch marks yet. Unfortunately the belly butter I’m unable to use at it is so hard it dosnt spread. The package is ok could be more appealing. The smell of the products are really nice. I found that they take too long to absorb on your skin and leaves it very greasy. But once it has absorbed it leaves the skin feel really nice and soft. Over all I found them ok but really disappointed with the belly butter.

• Hi ya, still going on week 4, no stretch marks yet! Am working my way through the massage cream and lotion as these are by far my favourite!
  • Week 3 - 32 weeks 
    still no stretch marks and loving all of the palmers products. 
    My partner uses the original palmers and I find the smell of the coco butter a bit overwhelming in pregnancy, but the stretch mark products, the sent is slightly toned down. 
    Fave is the massage cream it’s my fav and it’s extra smooth and Osborbs well. 
  • Can never post photos for some reason it says too big file 
  • Week 3 - 32 weeks (gender unknown)
    still no stretch marks and loving all of the palmers products. 
    My partner uses the original palmers and I find the smell of the coco butter a bit overbearing in pregnancy, but the stretch mark products, the sent is slightly toned down. 
    Fave is the massage lotion it’s my fav and it’s extra smooth and Orbsorbs well (non greasy) 
    carly x 
  • Week 4 trial - 33 weeks 

I still prefer the massage cream in comparison to the others. 
    My skin feels extra smooth and I have no stretch marks .

I think it’s great that you can tell it’s a pregnancy related product as this is more appealing on the eye when carrying and if your worried about stretch marks making their appearances it stands out in supermarkets etc.

Still love the concept and sent not over bearing. 
    Love Carly 

• Week 5 and still no stretch marks, feeling lovely and moisturised and very happy, this is something that I’ve already been reccomending! 
  • Hi,

Hopefully you can see my 6 photos (the first one is the first pic I took at, then weekly pics for 5 weeks - totaling 6 weeks of use). I’ve really liked using these products, and I’m not sure I would have tried them if I had been part of the product test, as I was worried they would have a strong smell that would make me feel nauseas. Very happy that the smell isn’t strong! My favourite products have been the massage cream and lotion, as they absorbed quickly, and left my bump feeling soft and well moisturized. I have grown to like the tummy butter, though I do find it hard to scoop out, and it takes a while to rub in and stop being sticky. It does however feel like it has done a good job when it is all rubbed in. 

I’m really pleased that by the end of this I still have no stretch marks (I’m now 30+4 weeks), and plan to keep using the products until the end of my pregnancy - I can’t really give them a much higher review than that! My skin has been soft and smooth (not sure it’s ever been this well moisturized 😂), and the massage cream/lotion has been great to use when my bump is feeling a bit tight and sore. 

I feel like they are very good value, and comparable to more expensive products, and so for all of these reasons I would definitely recommend them to other pregnant women. They also last well as you don’t have to use too much. Overall I’m very happy with them! 

@DanielleMFM please let me know if it would be better to upload the pics individually rather than as a collage 

• @Jem90 The pics are great, and thank you for providing your final piece of feedback too. You'll be entered into the prize draw! 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions