Forum home Product Tests Product tests

Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Marks Range: the feedback and review thread

1235»

Replies

• The products have been great. Still love the smell of the butter, but can't get it out! It's really solid.

I haven't had any stretch marks yet and think my tummy feels softer after using the products.

I would be happy to recommend these products, although will wait to see how they help when bump starts growing and see if any stretch marks come.

• 32 weeks pregnant already! Time is flying by! I have loved using the palmers products over the last 6 weeks. They have left my skin feeling so soft and lovely every time I have applied them! I love the pump action of the lotion for speed and ease but love the butter for how thick and luxurious it is. Then the cream has been great to chuck in my bag for the few overnight trips I’ve had to make. And so far... no stretch marks! I’m going to keep using all three products to try and keep it that way!
    I would definitely recommend to other mummy-to-be’s and also ladies that have already had children and are looking to improve the appearance of their stretch marks. The products are just so lovely to use and smell amazing! 
    Thank you so much for letting me be a part of this trial. I’ve loved it!

• Finished the 6-week trial and still no stretch marks! I feel like my skin is more supple now. I found using all three products quite alot. Would be easier to just use one product. My favourite was the tummy butter. Smells amazing and has such a nice texture on the skin.
    Really grateful to have taken part in this trial. Always loved Palmers products and I will continue to use and recommend.

• What were the effects on my skin?
    I think the products were very moisturising. It really soothed and comforted my skin. I didn't struggle with itching the way I did with my first pregnancy.
    I don't think it reduced the appearance of the old stretch marks but I think It may have prevented the formation of new stretch marks. Although I did find that in the last week of using the products my skin feels and looks as though I may be getting some new stretch marks. The formation of the new marks are not nearly as dramatic as the formation of stretch marks were in my first pregnancy though, which is incredible because I really struggled the last time as you can see. 

Would I recommend the product?
    I definitely would recommend the product. I think the ingredient list is really good, the lotion and cream has lots of ingredients that are supposed to prevent transepidermal water loss and support the water barrier and integrity of skin and the butter is very emollient to lock in the hydration that those ingredients are holding. It has made my skin 100X more comfortable than it was in my last pregnancy and it is very affordable. I really loved the texture of the lotion and massage butter over the cream so those would be my top two products and I would definitely recommend using them together, because they work synergistically, and applying at least twice a day. 
    I felt that these products were more effective and pleasant to use, than many highend products that I used in my last pregnancy. 

• 35 weeks pregnant now and I have really enjoyed using the three products. Although they have not prevented me getting stretch marks I think they have helped to reduce the severity of them as they quickly faded from purple to red/pink.

I would recommend these products to any pregnant woman as they smell great, are easy to use and my skin feels amazing.
  • Started 21 March  - 20W+6 
    Ended 2 May - 26W+6  

Thank you so much for picking me to be one of the product testers, I have really enjoyed being part of this trial :)

Now that I have been using the range for 6 whole weeks (how fast has the time gone!) I can say that these products have definitely had a positive effect on my skin. My skin is much softer and hydrated. 

My favourite product is the lotion, it’s super quick and easy to use and fast drying. I found the butter was my least favourite. You have to work with the product to get it out of the tub and using too much can leave the skin feeling a bit tacky.

Before using the products I had just started to experience the itchy/tight sensation of stretching. Since starting the trial and introducing the products to my daily routine I have noticed a complete difference. I rarely notice any itchiness; if I do, I use some of the lotion and it soothes it instantly.

At the end of this trial, now almost 27 weeks I have no new stretch marks. I think that by using these products it has improved my skins hydration and elasticity, in turn helping to prevent new stretch marks up to this stage. I'm excited to continue using the products throughout the 3rd trimester. I would be happy to share the final results at the end of my pregnancy also!

I would recommend the range to other pregnant women, for several reasons:

A) It is affordable & easy to get hold of
    B) It lasts for quite a while so you don’t have to re-stock every month like some products
    C) It helps to reduce and ease tightness/itchiness in the skin
    D) The products are not overly scented, which is ideal during early pregnancy.

Last comment: Palmers could improve by introducing sustainable packaging. 

Here are my weekly photos: 

Thank you again 

p.s my pictures are showing up quite small in the forum, just let me know if you need me to email the bigger files!

• Hello everyone. 
    Thanks so much for posting your final feedback. 

We are just waiting on the following peeps final feedback before we do the prize draw to win the £200 Amazon voucher or the Palmer's hamper. If you could please post your final 5 bump pics and answer the following questions, that would be great. @ThuperRah @AnnaG11 @Babymama1 @Chlolou @Midustouch @Katies304 @Xtinee26
    @Martha84 @Steviie @Nic1989 @Sarahfrench15lou

What would you say about the effect Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Mark Range has had on your skin? 

Would you recommend Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Mark Range to other pregnant women? If so, please say why.

•  
    Thanks for including me in the trial!
    What a difference 6 weeks has made. My bump has grown enormously and I have used the Cocoa Butter range religiously, after my shower in the morning and before bed each night. I can't recommend the range enough.

The skin on my tummy, hips and chest feels less tight once applied and leaves the skin soft. 
    The smell is delicious. 
    I see others have struggled to get the butter out of the pot, but it is by far my favourite product - once you make the initial 'scoop', it comes out easily and you just need to warm it in your hands before applying. I don't find it greasy if I let it absorb for a few minutes before dressing, and my skins stays moisturised all day. (I ran out, and have even bought more!)

Would I recommend? YES. I haven't got any stretch marks so far (33 and a half weeks), could this be thanks to the products?! Either way, they've left me feeling moisturised and comfortable and I will continue to use them religiously until this baby arrives. 
  • Started 23th March  - 22W+3
    Ended 8th May - 29W

Thank you so much for picking me to be one of the product testers  

I have loved using the products and still have loads left in them all😁🙌🏼

My skin is much softer and hydrated. My favourite is the lotion, it’s super quick and easy to use and fast drying, I don’t know if it’s normal but only sometimes I found my skin peeling off after putting the lotion on. 

I like the cream for when I go to bed as it’s thicker and takes longer to dry.

I’m not keen on the butter as it’s so hard and takes ages to get it out the pot and to apply. 

I rarely notice any itchiness now too  

Im now 29 weeks and have been using these products every morning and night and I have no stretch marks at all. 

I would definitely recommend these products!

•It helps to reduce and ease tightness/itchiness in the skin

•It is affordable

•It smells amazing 

• Sorry, better late than never right?
    What would you say about the effect Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Mark Range has had on your skin?
    I haven't spotted any new stretch marks although tummy isn't really stretched tight yet. My skin is certainly lovely and soft. I noticed when I missed a day as I had an itchy belly so I saw that as proof that the products are definitely working.

Would you recommend Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Mark Range to other pregnant women? If so, please say why.
    I would absolutely recommend this range, especially the Massage Lotion. That one in particular was my favourite as I liked the consistency of the lotion and I found the pump dispenser so useful. It sat on my chest of drawers and was so easy to just pump a bit into my hand and rub on. 
    I would recommend the range as the products certainly seem to work in that my skin has remained soft and supple. Obviously as a 4th time mum I am already quite stretched and so I couldn't say to a 1st time mum it would stop her getting any stretch marks, but I would recommend it anyway to try and help.

I plan to continue using the products until the end of my pregnancy so will be interesting to see if any marks appear as I get bigger.

• What would you say about the effect Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Mark Range has had on your skin?

The massage lotion really helped my skin when it felt really tight and itchy. I would used the massage lotion after shower before bed as it took longer to absorb than the other products. It Leaves the skin very soft and smelling lovely. I’ve no stretch marks as of yet and I think it’s probably down to the massage lotion and the massage cream. 

Would you recommend Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Mark Range to other pregnant women?

Over all I am happy with the products I’ve received. I would definitely recommend the massage lotion and the massage cream but unfortunately I wasn’t happy with the tummy butter. It was just too hard and very hard to spread. 
  • @Martha84 @Xtinee26 @Nic1989 @Sarahfrench15lou @Chlolou
    Please do provide your final feedback today, as we are closing this thread and will be choosing winners next week. 
  • Hi everyone, thank you so much for taking part in this product test, providing all your pictures and brilliant feedback. 
    The winner of the £200 Amazon voucher is: @HappyHappy2019
    And the winners of the 10 Palmer's gift hampers are: @Prxttynikki @MrsD90 @AnnaG11 @Jem90 @AlisP @Xlauren89x @linzieb @Birdyinhernest @BeingBella @ERM

We're so sorry we couldn't pick you all, but thank you for being part of this product test. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions