Forum home Product Tests Product tests
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Gourmet Nature’s Creations: the feedback review thread

2»

Replies

• My cat Barney was lucky enough to try both the ocean fish and poultry varieties of Gourmet Natures Creations. When I received it I liked the packaging but must admit thought the variety description on the can could have been clearer. Barney isn’t a fussy eater so I was surprised for the first time ever to see him pick a little piece of meat up on the end of his claw to try it. However once he’d had a little taste there was no stopping him, I even tried putting his usual food down at the same time but he definitely preferred the Gourmet cat food. Although Barney really enjoyed the food I’m sorry to say it’s a little expensive for me for every day meals as Barney has a large appetite, but great as a treat. I’d definitely recommend it as we certainly ended up with a very content cat 😺
  • Hi there. So I received our feline goodie bag today. I have two cats Obi and Binx. 
    We normally buy either Aldi’s own brand cat food pouches or what ever is on sale between Felix and whiskers pouches. 
    I personally bulk buy cat food in order to get the most for my money as they are food mad cats. At a price range of around £6 for 8 tins this would not be a daily meal. However bought as a treat or to celebrate our fur babies birthdays is a great price. 
    The only down fall is that the serving size was a bit small, my cats liked this so much that they had two tins in one sitting.
    I was surprised that neither the fish or the poultry tins smelled foul. Normally I get a waft of what ever the cat is eating in the passage, whilst I sit in the kitchen but not this time 🙀👍🏼
    Another bonus was that the meat came right out of the tin without the need of a spoon or fork and didn’t leave me with messy hands. This is one of the reasons we switched to pouches from tinned food.  I liked that it looked as though there were true chunks of meat and fish in the tins and not bric looking shaped in gravy. The quality of the food looks amazing and well thought out. It’s a shame not more pouches are available like this. 
    Both my boys thoroughly enjoyed every last drop of those tins. I’m sure they licked there bowls clean. Surprisingly neither of my boys like gravy and there was not a hint of that food remaining in either bowl. I would recommend them to friends to try with there cats for sure. I just hope that my cats don’t now become demanding now that they’ve tasted the good stuff ... like they have done before 😹
  • 1. Please tell us whether you tested the oceanfish, poultry, or both varieties of the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food
    Sweep and Sue tried both varieties. 
    2. What did you think of Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food upon receiving it?
    I thought the food was well packaged and I like that the food came in little tins rather than pouches. I find the pouches to be messy. Upon inspection of the tins I didn't think that the portion would be big enough for my kitties but I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was a generous portion inside. The pictures of the food on the packaging matched what was inside the tins. 
    3. Please tell us how your cat responded to the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food.
    I have one fussy eater (Sweep) and one who would try anything (Sue). Both cats were putting away when I put the food downs and got stuck in. Im pleased to say even my fussy eater was munching away when I put the food down for most flavours. However, both were not impressed with the ocean fish flavour but enjoyed the all the rest. 
    4. Please share with us a picture of your cat eating the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food. (To upload a picture, press the little ‘attach image’ button in the textbox toolbar)

5. At £5.59 for a box of 8 x 85g tins of food, do you think this is good value for money
    I wouldn't personally pay out that much for their regular daily cat food bit would happily buy a pack every couple of weeks and give it too them as an extra treat. 
    6. Would you recommend the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food to other cat parents?
    Yes I would as my fussy eater enjoyed all but one of the flavours. The meals look full of goodness and packed full of meat. 
  • We were sent both varieties to try so Maisie tried some of each.  On receiving the food I was impressed with the packaging and thought it looked appealing, the food looked nice once I'd opened it and I liked the fact that you could see the chunks of meat/fish and the other ingredients too, it didn't look like it was all mashed together.
    Maisie loved the food, she licked all of the gravy off first before eating the rest.  She even let her friend Otto have some too.  I feel that the food is a little expensive for a small tin but would pay this occasionally for the cats to have a treat.   I would recommend to other cat owners as an occasional treat.

• 1: We tried Ocean Fish
    2: We received the food and upon opening it i thought the packaging was great, although it took me a while to locate the flavour options on the tins. The tins are great, they are easy to store and recyclable which is great. 
    The food came out of the tin really easily and didn't come out in one slab like many other brands or pouch options. 
    3: Peanut has been a very fussy eater and when we got her as a kitten 2.5years ago she refused to eat wet food. So we kept her on dry. Around 6 months ago she started refusing this and we reintroduced wet food, we tried multiple brands and some days she would eat it others she would leave it, and I found they were very smelly. 
    The minute I put the Ocean fish food into her bowl she devoured it instantly. She is now eating a minimum of 3 tins a day and none of it is being thrown away. I think it looks great and there is no horrid smell to it either which makes my 4 year old daughter happy! 
    4: Images below
    5: I think it is a little on the pricey side at 5.59 for 8 tins, as peanut eats a minimum of 3 a day that works out at a minimum of £14per week and she has dry food on top.  However, this is the only food she seems to love so i guess you get what you pay for?
    6:I would recommend this to other cat owners especially if they have a fussy eater like we do. Peanut clearly loves this food so it will be one we now continue to purchase for her! 

• 1. Please tell us whether you tested the oceanfish, poultry, or both varieties of the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food. - My cat tried both varieties as she likes to have something different every day :smile:
    2. What did you think of Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food upon receiving it? I thought they looked quite luxurious, a real tasty treat for my cat
    3. Please tell us how your cat responded to the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food.: My  cat is incredibly picky but she did enjoy the food. She has a habit of leaving it and coming back but a while after giving it to her the food had pretty much gone. I think she enjoyed the variety of meat and vegetables.
    4. Please share with us a picture of your cat eating the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food. (To upload a picture, press the little ‘attach image’ button in the textbox toolbar)
    5. At £5.59 for a box of 8 x 85g tins of food, do you think this is good value for money: I would probably say this is about average for a premium brand of cat food.
    6. Would you recommend the Gourmet Nature’s Creations cat food to other cat parents?yes if you want your fur baby to have a good mixture of meat and veg in their diets to keep their coats healthy and their bodys strong :)
  • Hi everyone, thank you all for taking part in this product test, leaving such brilliant, detailed feedback and posting your fantastic cat pics. 

The winner of the £300 Amazon voucher is @Holliec1988
    We will be in touch via email to send you your prize. 

Thanks again everyone - we're going to lock this thread now as the product test is now closed. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions