Forum home Product Tests Product tests

Winalot Small Dog Food Pouches: the feedback review thread

DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
edited Aug 3, 2022 11:52AM in Product tests

Claim your exclusive discount on your next box of Winalot pouches

Hello. 

This is the feedback thread for those of you who are testing the Winalot Small Dog Food Pouches as part of our latest MadeForMums product test.

Please give us your feedback on this thread by answering the following 5 questions and providing your pictures of your small dog.

Everyone who leaves quality feedback by answering all 5 questions and providing pictures (and is part of our product test) will be entered into a draw to win the £200 Amazon voucher.

Feedback Questions

1. What did you think of the Winalot Small Dog Food pouches upon receiving it?
2. Please tell us how your dog responded to the Winalot food?
3. Please share with us a picture of your dog eating the Winalot food. (To upload a picture, press the little ‘attach image’ button in the textbox toolbar)
4. At a RRP £5.04 for a box of 12 x 100g pouches of food, do you think this is good value for money?
5. Would you recommend the Winalot’s Small Dog Food pouches to other small dog owners?

Thank you for providing your feedback and good luck.

Note: We may request to share your feedback comments and images with Nestle, the owners of the Winalot, for their future advertising and marketing material. See full Ts&Cs here.

Replies

• Received a nice sized box of mixed Winalot pouches. I liked that they are mixed giving my dog different flavours and ingredients. The packets are a perfect size and easy to empty into my dogs bowl with no faffing required from me. A big positive! You can clearly see the ingredients listed so you know you are feeding all good food to your dog.
    My dog, Alfie absolutely loved this Winalot food! The first time I fed him this he ate the whole bowl and left him begging at the kitchen counter for more which made me laugh! He tends to only eat in the evenings but whenever I give him a packet of this food he eats it all up straight away. Shows how tasty it must be for him. 
    I think these pouches are good value for money as they work out less than 50p a serving which is totally acceptable to me, but also feel like I’m giving my dog good nutrients for this price too and obviously Alfie agrees! They also mix well with kibble.
    I would certainly recommend these Winalot pouches to any small dog owners.I’ve added pictures of Alfie exploring the box before trying, whilst eating and then straight he’s finished begging for more!
  • My dog Mila loved the Winalot small dog food,it was a nice consistency, small pieces with a lovely smell.I think it is very good value for a quality food which my dog loved.i would highly recommend it to anyone with a small dog.they will love its flavours of meat and veg.
  •  
    Feedback Questions

1. What did you think of the Winalot Small Dog Food Mixed in Jelly pouches dog food upon receiving it?
    On first impressions, the Winalot looks appealing and eye catching. The picture highlights the high quality meat content and the perks of the food such as '100% complete and balanced' and 'no added artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.' Its clear on the box what you are purchasing and on the bottom of the box it's clear what is in the food and their analytical constituents. As the information is easy to find, I would be more likely to pick this up off the shelf for my dog.

My dog absolutely loved the food! He has been a very fussy eater all his life but wolfed up the first portion of chicken, carrots and green beans! This flavour was definitely his favourite but he was also excited by the other flavours too and finished these off.

3. At a RRP £5.04 for a box of 12 x 100g pouches of food, do you think this is good value for money?
    I would definitely buy these pouches again for the RRP of £5.04! Our dog Jenson absolutely loved them all and they left him content and not hungry for the rest of the day. He loved the bitesize pieces and as an owner it's good to know what you are giving your dog is of good quality and has no awful unexpected additives! I also love that the sachets are pre portioned our and easy to dispose of after use. There is nothing worse that a tin of dog food waiting on the side all day smelling! 

4. Would you recommend the Winalot’s Small Dog Food Mixed in Jelly pouches to other small dog owners?
    I would definitely recommend these to other Small Dog owners. They are made from good quality ingredients with no hidden nasties and I feel confident that I know what I'm giving my dog. I think the packaging is informative and eye catching and it's clear how much you should be feeding your dog based on their additional diet and weight.
  • edited Jul 29, 2022 11:31AM
    We were very excited upon receiving this dog food. My dog likes every type of food which is jelly based. You can clearly see the ingredients what was used to make this dog food.
    It's full of rich,nutritious ingredients.
    My dog loved the Winalot,enjoyed each of them however its very shy when it's eating. I managed to take picture of her after its food.
    The price is very good value and highly recommend to any little dog.
  • 1. What did you think of the Winalot Small Dog Food Mixed in Jelly pouches dog food upon receiving it?

The packaging is attractive and informative. It clearly states small dogs which would get my attention in store. I like that the flavours and bitesize pieces is clearly visible. Its good that there are a mix of flavours in the pack, as my dogs get bored eating the same flavours every time. The ingredients are clear too which is good to see. The box is a good size and the pouches are perfect portion sizes for my dogs. Having small dogs I don’t want to buy big boxes or tons of dog food as they don’t each that much. Its great that I can use a pouch and I do not need to mess around storing left overs. The pouches are easy to open and the flavour clearly displayed. Overall the packaging gives a great first impression.

I have two chihuahuas, and they love this food. They are not big eaters but eat this up straight away every time. They never leave any. The gravy pouches are also great to mix in with their dried food as there is lots of gravy which gives biscuits a good coating. They have been happy and healthy since eating the food too. Some foods can cause them to get an upset stomach but we have had no problem with the winalot pouches. 

3. Please share with us a picture of your dog eating the Winalot food. (To upload a picture, press the little ‘attach image’ button in the textbox toolbar)

attached
    4. At a RRP £5.04 for a box of 12 x 100g pouches of food, do you think this is good value for money?

I think that £5.04 is a great price for 12 pouches, I fee it is a good quality food at a very reasonable price. 
    5. Would you recommend the Winalot’s Small Dog Food Mixed in Jelly pouches to other small dog owners?

I would recommend winalot small dog food pouches to other small dog owners as I believe it provides a good balanced diet, my dogs love it and its very reasonably priced. The pouch sizes are perfect for smaller dogs too.

• We received the Winalot Small Dog Classic Meals in Gravy. First impressions when received was that the box was appealing and had all the important information on. Upon opening the box, the pouches were a good size and flavours had variety, including meat, vegetables and gravy. 
     Flossie was excited when I was preparing her food in her bowl (she has part of a pouch at a time), she had her paw up ready to receive and went straight towards it when I placed it down! 
    The food itself was a good size, bitesize pieces especially for a small dog, and by Flossie's reaction and the empty bowl it must have tasted good as well. 
    Because of this I would highly recommend it to small dog owners, and it is a reasonable price as well for a good quality food! 
  • Some extra photos of my other dog, as would not post in the same comment.

• 1. What did you think of the Winalot Small Dog Food Mixed in Jelly pouches dog food upon receiving it?
    The pouches are good sized portions for my dogs size/weight making it easy to feed the correct amount.
    She ate the full amount given straight away.
    Added below 
    Yes
    5. Would you recommend the Winalot’s Small Dog Food Mixed in Jelly pouches to other small dog owners?
    Yes, they are good value for money and easy to use. They include a good variety of ingredients. The gravy can be a bit messy and get stuck to fur. My dog preferred the Beef flavour. I have a video of her eating it as well but could not attach it here.
  • I'm very pleased to have been sent this box of Winalot dog food with 12 packets, including three different flavours. My dog had the opportunity to task different flavours and we got to know the brand better. The package is nice and compact and its ingredients, different flavours and recommended daily food amount according to my dogs’ weight, were clearly labelled. 

Dexter, my dog, seemed to love it! Generally, he loves wet food but can be fussy too. We know a few brands that he’s not a fan of. Although, he seemed to have enjoyed all three flavours of the Winalot box. He seemed excited to have more and finished it really quickly. Some food can upset his stomach but he experienced no issues with the Winalot food. 

My overall opinion of the Winalot food is very positive. We have a happy and satisfied dog for a very reasonable price. It was also very nice to clearly see the different pieces of food like the peas and the meat, so it does not look artificial. We definitely would recommend the Winalot food and will try to find it in our local shops as it's perfect for our small dog.                     

• 1. What did you think of the Winalot Small Dog Food Mixed in Jelly pouches dog food upon receiving it?

The pouches were a good size and fit nicely into the box. The box was compact and opened easily meaning the it was easy to remove a packet at a time. It fit nicely into the cupboard. The only slight problem I found was that if you put the food out by ripping off the top then I could be a bit difficult sometimes to make sure that you got all of the product out (some would get stuck inside the package).

max responded very well to the food. He was waiting next to me as I was putting it out and eat the whole amount as soon as it was put down.

i would say that they are good value. You get a fair amount for the money and a variety of flavours.

I would recommend this product to other dog owners.
    I thought the box was really appealing and the fact it’s recycle-able is a plus.  
    2. Please tell us how your dog responded to the Winalot food? He absolutely loved it! Wolfed it down in a matter of minutes and wanted more! (I won’t let him be greedy though!)

3. Please share with us a picture of your dog eating the Winalot food. (To upload a picture, press the little ‘attach image’ button in the textbox toolbar) I would If I could but my camera is smashed so can’t take pictures unfortunately!
    4. At a RRP £5.04 for a box of 12 x 100g pouches of food, do you think this is good value for money? I think it’s fantastic value for money and I will definitely be buying it more as Chewie enjoyed them. 
    5. Would you recommend the Winalot’s Small Dog Food Mixed in Jelly pouches to other small dog owners? Absolutely! I already have recommended them to my father and brother for their doggies ! 
  • Hello everyone.

Thank you all so much for being part of this Winalot Small Dog/MadeForMums product test, we have really enjoyed reading your feedback and seeing your pictures of your lovely dogs. 

The winner of the £200 Amazon voucher is @MRebouco 🥳 Katie from our team will be in touch with you about your prize in the next few days - please look out for the email. 

Thank you all again for providing feedback, we're closing this thread to comments now as this product test is closed.

Claim your exclusive discount on your next box of Winalot pouches 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions