Forum home General Chat Products & best buys
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Another bedtime book that's supposed to send your child straight to sleep: try it out for us?

Replies

• Options

Hi everyone, thanks so much for offering to test these books for us.

We only have a limited number of books, so we're just going to pop all your names in a hat and pick out 5 names. We'll pop back shortly and let you know who's names we've picked. Watch this space!

• Options

Hello!
    Right, the names we've picked out of our hat are.... (drum roll!)

Tfor2
    Tinkerbell121
    frenchmum
    Vikster2000
    Gandborne

We're going to PM you now to get hold of your address details and then hopefully, we'll have some sleepy children on our hands!

Thanks to everyone else who offered to test - we have loads of these testing opportunities cropping up all the time, so please do just keep your eyes on the Latest Posts section on the forum for any new ones.

• Options

Would like to try this if lucky enough to be selected. My 4 year old usually goes to sleep ok but keeps getting up at the moment, don't know if he anxious about the arrival of baby. 

• Options

Hi Mummy Tortoise, we hope you're doing ok. We're afraid we've selected the testers for this book now, but we'll be sure to let you know if any other product tests like this come about soon.

• Options

Hi, I've got a 1 year old daughter and nearly 3 years old son. We still cuddle them both to sleep most of the time, I would love to try this book, it would be lovely if it works x

• Options

I would love to try this book x

I've got a daughter who's turning 1 in a week, and a son who will be 3 in may. We still cuddle them to sleep most of the time x 

• Options

I'm sorry for double post, didn't see the first one working x

• Options

I would love to try this out on my two, would be interesting to see if it makes a difference :-) 

• Options

Hi charlotte079, Erithiel and stodge74, we're afraid we've selected the testers for this book now, but we'll be sure to let you know if any other product tests like this come about soon.

• Options

Can this actually be possible, a book to send children to sleep! We are having real sleep issues with Evie Since Xmas & possibly the arrival of Daniel. 

id love to test one of these out to see if it helps her settle in an evening! It's so draining when they don't sleep zzzzz

• Options

I would like to try it as i have 2 yr old boy and 3yr old girl 

would definitely make bedtime easier if it works xx

• Options

I just had to pop in & quickly post for all those interested. 

We received our book today (thanks made for mums) & I decided to give it a try at nap time. 

My little boy is nearly 3, still needs his naps but fights them terribly. Until getting pregnant i could get him to sleep in the car & carry him in or rock him to sleep if he wouldn't go off but I can't do those now so am having to lie with him for around 45 mins until he falls asleep or have to give up altogether & have a cranky toddler on my hands all afternoon. 

I didn't think this would work at all but gave it a go. Could have been a coincidence but he was snoring within 10 mins, I hadn't even finished the book!! It's a miracle! 

I will try it again tonight & over the next few days but so far so good. 

• Options

I would love to try this with my 4 year old! :)

• Options

Wow tinkerbell does it send mummys to sleep too? 

• Options

Lol Abi, I must admit I did join him for his nap! 😉

• Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums. Here's a link to our Chat guidelines

• Options

Hi, we received the book. Thank you so much for sending it to us.

At first I struggled to read the book making yhe words flow.  But on the second night I found it very easy. The book itself is wonderful and very clever.  the words have got a "hypnosis" feel to Them. i was very impressed with the story and the way it was written. 

However.. I think my son is too young at 16 months old To sit through such a long story. Which is a shame.

The first night, I tried to read the book how I normally would read other books, but because it was so long he wasn't interested. So I read the book whilst he was in bed with a bottle. He did go to sleep fairly quickly, but kept waking, expecting me to be there. (Normally I leave the room at this point). 

The he second night (tonight) I tried reading the book downstairs before we started the routine, hoping he would have more patience for the book. This didnt work either.

I will keep trying though. I can completely understand why this book would be so successful. I think it's fab.  I will let you know if I start to see an improvement. 

• Options

Oooh is LOVE to try this please- my son is 2 years old X 

• Options

Hi Fabulicious, lovely to see your name pop up! Unfortunately we only had a limited number of these books to send out, but do keep an eye out on Latest Posts on the fourm where we have things to test now and again.