Forum home General Chat Products & best buys
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Phil and ted's questions - owners please help!

Replies

• You can use the car seat on top with the toddler seat underneath, we did when Barney was tiny if he was asleep and we weren't going to be long. Just don't read the manual, it tells you not to do it under any circumstances :lol: The reason they tell you not to is that it does make the pushchair prone to tipping backwards because all the weight is at the back. We didn't find it a problem, you just had to be a bit careful if you were going up a curb, but Millie was only slim, you might need to be more careful with a heavy toddler.
    You don't actually need the cocoon to use the main seat for a new born, it just make it a bit more snug. Barney out grew the cocoon fairly quicly (he was a big baby) so we just used to lie him on a blanket on the main seat if we wanted him laid flat.
    xx
  • than you sooooo much bedhead. ur a star! Really thought you HAD to have the caccon. We have big babies so it will prob tip unfortunately. THANKS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • You can't use the Maxi Cosi car seat with the vibe, P & T have bought their own car seat out for it! Either that or haven't introduced the adaptors for it yet, I've got the MC car seat, but always but her in the cacoon as she loves it in there! x
  • Just a point.. I have the P&T Sport (& really love it!)..

I didn't get the cacoon & any mum's I meet say there little ones out grew it quickly - I just have a wedge (as seems to tilt a bit to far back (just slightly) & a lambs wool thingy from John Lewis - which makes it sooo cosy!

& also - I'd suggest buying some slime from halfords to fill your wheels before you start using it to prevent punctures! (I've been using my buggy nearly 4 months & had 4!.. but on the bright side I do loads of off road walking in woods ect & it's actually FAB!!)

I love my buggy & would certainly recomemd it! xx
  • My little one is 14 weeks old and still has plenty of space in her caccoon (think the vibe cacoons might be slightly longer), she's curently on the 50th centile. xx
  • Thank you girls image I have Jack whos nearly 4 and olly who will be just shy of 2 whn baby is born. They were both big babies and very long and as i am due in july im thinking i wont get the caccon.
  • great advice thanks!!
  • bumpnbaby, have u looked at the baby jogger city mini double?
  • Hello,
    I've just bought the sport, and was wondering if anyone who has already used one could advise me about using the cocoon. When the doubles kit is on, it is pretty well squashed in, with no room for escape, but when I use it as a single, is there a way of anchoring the cocoon down, so it doesn't move around, or (God Forbid!) fall out if we hit some bumpy terrain/go down a big kerb etc.?

XXX
  • Great post!

So just to clarify- with the newborn, they go in the main seat and my ds will go in the bottom seat. Then when the baby is 6mths+, ds should go in the main seat and the baby in the underneath seat?

Does anyone know if the sport folds with the double attachment on?

What accessories would you recommend to go with it?

Thanks

• Double kit fits on the front when the newborn is in the lie flat position, and you can fold it up with the kit on.
    Goes on the back when baby can sit up, but you have to take it off when you want to fold it up.

• I have a Q too!

Great post!

So just to clarify- with the newborn, they go in the main seat and my ds will go in the bottom seat. Then when the baby is 6mths+, ds should go in the main seat and the baby in the underneath seat?

Does anyone know if the sport folds with the double attachment on?

What accessories would you recommend to go with it?

Thanks

x

Why is this? I am looking at P&T DS3 will be 2 when baby is here but why can a baby not go at the bottom from the start? I dont think Tyler would be very keen to go underneath??
  • The extra seat (the doubles seat) doesn't lie flat. Basically when you have a baby and a toddler you lie the main seat flat, and put the baby in it. The extra seat then goes ON TOP of the pushchair and your toddler sits in there. Once your baby is big enough to sit up, the toddler goes in the main seat, and the extra seat goes on the BACK of the pushchair and the baby goes in there. It's a little bit hard to get your head round untill you've actually seen it in real life! Bascially Tyler would always be at the front/on top, although Millie actually loves sitting in the back seat as she can spy on people without them noticing her :lol:
    xx
  • Another question - How are your phil and teds handling in the snow?????! image
  • Briliant! Apart from this morning, when I put Barney in the carrier and oh pulled Millie in the sledge, we've used it every day to do the school run. We've had Millie tucked up in the bottom so she doesn't get to school wet and even with their combined weight of about 70lb in it it's done great, pushing it with that weight in, through the snow is hard work though!!!
    xx
  • oh good - that's another box ticked then image
  • Had pretty much decided on the Phil and Teds sport but this post has been really useful - so I've just ordered mine! Pushchair in black, doubles kit, double raincover and cocoon for ??351 delivered from Mothercare (using code TB9 - which I got on here) - didn't think that was at all bad (please don't tell me if it is lol), the cheapest I'd found otherwise was ??368 without cocoon from a local shop, or kiddicare but they don't have them in stock and I want to use it as a single with ds.

I like the babyjogger too but think the Phil and Teds is the only realistic option for us.
  • Ordered mine yesterday from mothercare- got the sport in black with doubles kit and raincover for ??303!

(Did abit of bartering!)
  • Yeah mine is handling great in the snow I actually love it! Great fun! x
  • Another mummy here very pleased with her Phil and Teds in the snow!!! image Thats with a heavy almost 3 yr old, 18 month old and 5 yr old on the hood when she got tired!! lol! (It happens most days I end up with 3 kids on mine)!
    Im just working out where I could pop a 4th on and I'm sorted image x x x