Forum home General Chat Products & best buys
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

bugaboo cameleon...

2»

Replies

• Cool double pram. My friend has this pram too and she really likes it. I haven't looked at any double prams myself, as we haven't decided if we'll have another baby yet.

Yeah, we were looking at the breezy sun canopy, but since it's been so cold lately, we kind of left it on the shelf. Can't believe it snowed today, had about 3 inches in the garden.
  • Finally decided - ordered the Bugaboo!
  • Well done you! Which one and which colour? You won't be sorry, my Bugaboo Cameleon is the best baby thing I bought and I love pushing it.
  • I've ordered the Chameleon with a red base and off-white top with an orange footmuff - I just love clashy colours!!! 8\) I was a bit unsure about the off-white because of it showing up dirt but it is machine washable and I can't see that the hood and apron would get that dirty. (She says trying to convince herself ;\) ) The top of the prushchair is most at risk of grubbiness but, the footmuff will probably be on half the year given the British weather so I'm guessing that that will bear most of the sticky fingers and dribbles. Good unisex colours I thought.

It was certainly the best one for us - it does everything we want and moreover NEED (mainly off-road capablility) and the need to fold down fairly small which most off-roaders don't seem to.

Plus hubby likes it which is a bonus. We got the maxi-cosi in Indian Spice carseat to go with it :\) I can't wait for it to arrive - what with that and the cot it's all beginning to feel a bit real image
  • The covers do wash up really nicely, only thing that you'll find is that the hood gets grubby if you're not careful when you put it in the car boot coz it catches on the wheels sometimes. Mine is permenantly slightly grubby, I wash it it looks lovely for about an hour and then I get it dirty again, maybe I should try walking in cleaner places lol
  • Oops! Hadn't thought about that - I can just hear hubby saying "I told you so" ! Ah well! I'll have to make an extra effort to be careful putting it in our tiny boot :roll: perhaps I'll keep a couple of little bags in the boot to cover grubby wheels :\?

• Nah just let it get grubby lol. It makes me laugh that whenever I see anyone else in town with a bugaboo their's are always really clean and look like they have just left the shop while mine is always covered in mud and looks like I have been pushing it round a farm yard!
  • Welcome to the Bugaboo club! Nice colours you've chosen. I saw a really nice combination in John Lewis, red base and yellow fabrics. If I could buy mine again, that's what I'd get image
  • hi everyone,
    well basically, i got a bebe confort loola up atm, which is great in town, but crud anywhere else. me and oh used to do loads of hiking and stuff, we're very outdoorsy people, but obv had to cut back when lo was born as we're using a baby sling. well now he's 3 months he's a bit heavy for that!
    so what i want to know is, how well does the cameleon go off-road? does it go really well, as in REALLY well, through almost-swamp-like mud etc? or would i be better off with something like a mountain buggy terrain?
    thanks, susie xxx
  • Swamp-like mud sounds like a tall order for any pushchair to me! But I looked on Flickr - it's a great way of having a nosey at real life people using stuff. I found this picture of someone using their cameleon in muddy conditions - as you can see they say it's ace:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/moggers/2228095086/

I went for the cameleon partly because it folds small - if it's purely for off road use and size is no issue then you may be better off with a big chunky three wheeler but I wanted something that would also do me around town and fit in my car as well as get me down the coast path and on the beach.

Here's someone using one in snow: -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellasdad/414559939/

On a dirt trail: -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/judyboy/271754398/

On sand: -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nabeel/23377887/

Hope this helps image
  • I have had mine in deep mud and it copes ok but it isn't brilliant, the small wheels tend to get gunked up a bit. You can buy offroad wheels to replace the front wheels (have a look under accesories on the bugaboo website) but if you are talking SERIOUS offroad you might be better with something like the mountain buggy.
  • wow thanks for that tip-off on Flickr Redpod - i'd never have thought of looking there lol!
    in the end i'm gonna go for the phil&teds, cos i'd want the offroad wheels for the bugaboo and they're too expensive! oh and so i don't have to buy another buggy when no. 2 comes along (yep i'm a cheapskate lol).
    thanks for the advice girls,
    susie xxx
    p.s. if anyone is looking for the offroad wheels, john lewis sell them - they call them "snow wheels" and they're ??49.95
  • How Much!!!!! Good choice, we have ordered the Phil and Ted's as number two is on the way and I can't get them both in the bugaboo!