Forum home General Chat Products & best buys
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

baby slings/carriers

Hi

I've been looking on-line at baby slings and carriers but as per usual there's masses of choice! The babybjorn and the tomy ones look good. Has anyone used a sling that they could recommend?? it would be used from birth.

many thanks image

Replies

• Depends what you want but personally I prefer the ring slings to the more structured carriers (like the ones you mention) I swear by freedom slings (www.freedomslings.co.uk or they have a shop on Ebay) I originally bought one when Millie was born and I still use it to hip carry her now (20months). I found that the carrier we had gave me back ache really quickly, the sling seems to spread the weight better.
  • hi i brought the Close baby carrier on thursday. its brilliant. www.closebabycarrier.com. I tried the babasling but it just felt like she was going to slip through, and i didnt dare let go. shes only 9 weeks. I looked into the freedom sling, that looked really good. and a moby sling, (which when on looks alot like the close baby carrier.

Great for your back as it spreds the weight out evenly, and you can ajust it quickly too.
    The close baby carrier is organic material as well if you are into that. They cost around ??50 whrere as the freedom sling is alot cheeper i think. not too sure, i know it dont cost more.

Hope to be of some help. let me know what you choose, even if you just try it on and dont buy. steph
  • babyworld.co.uk has some good reviews on products, has parents testing out a range of products, and typing up the pros and cons of each productimage
  • Hi we have a babybjorn active, we have used it from birth and still use it now four and a half months on. Neve is fairly heavy and I don't get a back ache wearing it so I think it was a good buy.
  • i had a close carrier and thought it was amazing but im affraid to say they to hold up when baby get bigger. chloe is 6 months and it pulls to much now. iv gone on to wraps and im gonna start selling them there so good but i agree a ring sling is a good one for dtarting as you can pick them up cheapish and when you get your confindence you could move on to a mei tai or wrap.

sian
  • Hi Ladies

Thanks for all the info. Went to try some on with hubby and we decided to go for the babybjorn active carrier as it seemed to fit us both quite well. i'm 5 2" and he's 6 2" so wanted something we could both use.

xxx thanks againxxx