Forum home General Chat Products & best buys
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

washing powder / stain remover.

whats best for getting kids clothes clean? anyone reccomend anything? im using bold 2 in 1 powder at min and washing at 60 and tbh its a pile of crap. it doesnt even get cream coloured baby sick out let alone chocolate, juice, mud etc.. my kids clothes are all looking ruined with in a week of buying them and i cant afford to be buying 3 kids new wardrobes every week. any suggestions much appreciated.
Toni xx

Replies

• vanish powder is ok for most stains, even got red wine out of my top!
    but i find its crap at moving babyfood, there is a thread on baby forum with a few sugestions as i asked for help with stains a few wk ago. xx
  • I alway put washing up liquid on stain first give it a rub then bung it in the wash 90 % of stains come out
  • i use persil non bio tablets on a 40 wash & have found that its good at getting baby sick poo etc out
  • I use either persil or ariel non bio on 40 deg wash, and if the clothes are particularly dirty I use a scoop of vanish oxy action powder and it does make a difference. it's also a good idea to sponge stains out with a little bit of washing up liquid asap after they happen to minimise the chance of them not coming out. I've only just got better at doing this - before I would just throw stained items straight into the laundry basket where it would dry into the fabric and it can make it impossible to remove.