Forum home General Chat Products & best buys
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

nursery furniture sets ??

hi, can anyone recommend any furniture sets. i can't find one within my budget that i really like.

my other child will be sharing a room with the baby, he will be 20 months when baby arrives, any ideas would be great or any sites that you know of.

thank you x x

Replies

• Hi michelle,
    I was going to get a furniture set but i couldnt believe how expensive they are. I'm just going to use some existing furniture i've already got and buy a new cotbed in antiques pine colour from mothercare. I've bought some stain for the old furniture so it'll match. Cant believe they wanna charge ??200-300 for a tiny wardrobe! Loads of my furniture in my home is from the leksvik range in ikea in antique pine colour. Its affordable and looks more expensive than it costs when assembled. Think they even have a cot in ikea in the same stain. Hope this helps, Jane
  • i looked ito the furniture sets as my lo will be rooming with big bro, sooo expensive! im also going to do an ikea makeover as its cheap and their storage soloutions look great. x
  • Same with me I'm afraid Michelle. I did see some on eBay that were by far cheaper that websites I'd found but they were still out of my budget.
    I done an Ikea run and bought everything instead and then got repositionable stickers all over it to jazz it up myself. That way when the little one is grown up a bit more I can just remove the stickers and still have a decent furniture set.
    I also found with the sets on eBay that there was at least one item I didn't need or wouldn't use so I just bought what fits our room.
    Sorry I can't be of more help
    Tracey
  • We too are also on a budget and wanted a pine coloured set to go witht the floorboards in the nursery. There was a set which had a cot, wardrobe and drawers/changing unit in Argos for ??299 but I found virtually the same one except it is only a single wardrobe on tesco direct for ??199.00. It was a bit of a bugger to put together but I think looks great if you really do have to stick to a budget. My sis is minted and she's bought all her stuff from designer this place and that but I'm pleased with what we've done with the nursery and it hasn't cost a bomb. We also found a good baby mattress website called www.babymattressesonline.co.uk if you are looking for these x