Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Miscarried!!

Sorry now if TMI!. Had small show on Tues (19/06/07) saw midwife that afternoon and was told can be normal. Started bleeding over the weekend had scan on Monday afternoon to find sac filled with blood and no baby! Should have been 11+1 but they seem t think that little bean had left early as sizes didn't match. have got to return in 2 weeks for another scan. I feel so numb I am currently back at work but feel that may have been bit to enthusiastic about returning!

Feel better for that sorry if I have upset anyone in any way xx

Replies

• I am so sorry that this has happened to you as I also have had a miscarriage and it is not easy to deal with all the emotions. You need to take good care of yourself and I would say stay off work and pamper yourself. Allow yourself to grieve it is so important and also try to keep positive although this is very difficult. Take lots of care. x
  • Hiya
    Sorry to hear about your news. I had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago and am amazed to read you are in work. How can you cope?? Be kind to yourself. There is alot of support on the missed miscarriage discussion board.
    Take it easy
    Sian
  • hi, im so sorry to hear your news. i had mmc in april and only now beginning to feel a bit better and look forward. i took 2 1/2 wks of work, felt i needed it.
    look after yourself and know we are always here to chat to.
    love becs xx
  • hi so sorry to hear your news (you too joanne).

I had a m/c in May - I was in a real rush to go back to work although I couldn't go back straight away cos i started a rather lengthy 'natural' m/c just a few days after my scan. i did go back to work as soon as the worse was over which was fine, but after a few weeks i really fell to bits and had to take more time off. after that I felt really good though so it did help.

Stick to whatever is best for you and dont feel you have to go through it alone. The missed m/c post, although very long now works it's way right through the emotional cycle of a missed m/c so if you feel up to it i hope you get some support in that.

very best of luck to you both in what i know is a very difficult and painful time.

gr
  • Thanks to you all for your support and kind words. I think that for me being at work has helped as I can concentrate on something other than the m/c. I work for a very small and supportive family run company so think that this has made it easier, they understand and are more than just my employers.

• Hi Mrs SJG,

So sorry hear your sad news. I've been there hon and I know how difficult it is. Can you ask for an earlier scan? They told me a week wait at first but gave me a second scan after just 3 days. Thinking of you, Jo x
  • hi mrs sjg and joanne83,was wondering how you both are doing? just take each day as it comes.
    thinking of you both love becs xx
  • 2nd Scan due on monday. Although I know what they will say I am still very nervous. OH would like to try again at some point but I have my reservations as wouldn't want to go through this again! I know that its still very early on as only mc starting 23/06/07. I'm sure in time i'll decide. Does anyone have any suggestions about remembering LO as think kids may wanna do something they 12 & 14 years old so not very young and will understand all thats going on even if I can't tell them why!! Hope everyone is ok.

[Modified by: Mrs.SJG on July 06, 2007 09:39 AM]
  • hi mrs sjg-hope your doing ok and monday goes well. alot of us have made memory boxes and put in cards, letters, drawings etc. anything to do with the pregnancy and anything we got when mc.
    also a few have planted forget me nots.
    hope this helps love becs x
  • also on the miscarriage association wedsite there is a forget me not garden where you can put a message along with a flower its really nice.
    becsx
  • Good Luck for monday Mrs. SJG, I went through the same nov 05 & 06. It feels like the longest wait ever. Take care.x
  • i MrsSJG,

I see some familiar names have given advice.
    I had a missed MC 4 wks ago my children are aged 3,6,9,13 and they did alot of talking, and made a memory box like some of the other girls have mentiontd, they put in alsorts, what ever they felt really and also they went out with there dad and bought a rose, which is called rememberence, which weve planted, (with the baby, I optied for a natural MC at home) and it is surrounded by forgetmenots, whats nice about this rose is its duee to flower this time every year, so it something to make us all smile on what will be a hard day for us all.
    Hope this helps, Hugs 2 u all
    Vikkix
  • Hiya Mrs SJG,
    I am sorry to hear of your news, theres a website which is beautiful which you can talk to other ladies on get info from and advice. you can also sign the guestbook. I hope you begin to start feeling better and take it easy !!!! big hugs debs xxx

www,freewebs.com/maeanswers

[Modified by: twinmummy260407 on July 17, 2007 03:58 PM]
  • SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR NEWS I ALSO HAD MISSCARRIAGE IN JAN THIS YEAR AT 12WKS I WAS OF WORK 5WKS MY LITTLE BOY WHO WAS NEARLY 1YR KEPT ME GOING I AM NOW 20WKS DUE 4 DEC AND STILL GET NERVOUS IF EVERYTHING OK HAVE MA 20WK SCAN THIS FRIDAY MA BABY THAT I LOST WOULD HAVE BEEN DUE 5 AUG SO ITS GETTING NEAR WHICH WILL BE HARD BUT WILL NEVER FORGET THE BABY THAT WASNT MENT TO BE. KEEP WELL X