Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The land of nod

Im having real trouble getting my daughter to sleep through the night. She was great at first sleeping through 4 11 hrs but she had a bout of repetitive chest infections and since then shes been a nightmare. I can no longer put her in her cot with out her screaming and headbutting the cot,her forehead is often bruised coz of it. I tried leaving her to cry but when i checked on her she had climbed out of the cot and was sitting on my bed i dont know how she did it coz she was wearing a grobag. If she wakes in the night she doesnt self soothe and i end up having to cuddle her in my bed before returning her to the cot just so i can get some sleep. I have to get up at 5am to start getting ready 4 work and i always feel like ive had no sleep. Got any suggestions
http://

Replies

• How old is your daughter Vickyohara? Is she old enough to encourage better sleeping by taking her from the cot to a toddler's bed. Making a big deal about it, with maybe a new duvet of her choice? Could you take the side off the cot and put it along side your bed so she could sleep 'next to you' and then gradually wean her away? Could a special big girl cot toy or new book be in order to help encourage the good behaviour? It's difficclt once they can climb out of their cot in that you don't really have much control any more. Sorry if I'm not much help, my girls have had me in loads of situations like this and I mostly stumble through in a tired haze and eventually through nothing I can point to it seems to go off as quickly as it came. Good luck and take care. xxx
  • Thanks for the advice. Lilah is 13months so im not sure if making a fuss at bed time will help. Since i last posted she started walking and believe it or not she is sleeping much better. Its not quite the way i want it yet but i cant put her in her cot lie on my bed and stroke her hand through the cot railings and she dozes off ive bee getting about 6-7hrs sleep instead of the usual 4-5