Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

At end of tether don't know what to do

Hi,
Am just about at the end of my tether now with my health visitor the lady who comes from the surestart childrens centre and my other half as well.

The health visitor thank goodness has finally left and is no longer my health visitor but whilst she was coming out to us everytime she visited she had me in tears. Me and my other half live in a very small two bedroom flat and there just isn't the room for us to put anything. Every time she came out she would pick saying that the flat was too messy and cluttered (its not dirty just looks a bit cluttered due to lack of space) and no matter what we did to the front room she still said it was too cluttered at one point i even took everything out apart from the tv the computer the sofa and the chairs and then she told me i was being sarcastic. She even told me i wasn't allowed to have my books in the front room because my lo one pull them down (she can't even crawl yet) we have put on the list to get a transfer but just waiting to find somewhere now. The last time she came out I had phoned her 2 days before to tell her that we were all ill and was there any chance we could rearrange the appointment (my oh had even been of work because of being ill) The next day she turned up on the doorstep I went down and answered the door was still in pjs and dresing gown. She was really aggressive in her mannerism towards me and basically spoke to me as if i were a child. (As when i had phoned her the battery on the phone had died) and she was shouting that i had hung up on her and that she didn't appreciate it so i told her what had happened (i had gone and brought a new phone the day after) and i said to her that we were all ill so hadn't done much housework. and then she accused me of saying that i wasn';t going to let her in but what i had actually said was that we were ill and i didn't want her to catch it. so i walked up the stairs (concrete so can't put carpet down on them) and got my other half to go and see to her and she was up the stairs. I wentb into the bedroom to cool down as she had made me angry and then when i went back into the living room she started laying into me again and when i said i was going to report her she just laughed and said i bet you don't even have the number. and tried to give me the wrong number. Then i went to get my lo out her cot as she had woke up and our doors are all fire doors and slam if you don;t pull them shut behind you. so the door slammed behind me and she turned round when i came back in and said that i obviously wasn't coping because i had slammed the door. which i had explained to her they slam with no wffot required. and she left saying she was leaving anyway and she would put in a report. that was the last we heard from the health visitors. Till today.

The lady from the sure start childrens centre turned up unannonced and almost interrigates me as to why i hadn't taken my lo back there (i didn't feel happy there) i said to her that it was because i've not been well lo not been well and i found a really nice playgroup that i like and lo likes which we go to twice a week and with this woman from the childrens centre it was almost as though she was forcing me to go there as she would send the mini bus to pick me up and take me home. Also in front of everyone at the childrens centre she kept asking in a really loud voice if i had got rid of the junk in my house yet. So I just didn't go back there. but she kept ringing and just won't leave it alone. Now she rings and says shes going to bring the new health visitor over tommorrow. I am just dreading it because the surestart lady and the old health visitor have made me dread seeing anyone like that.

Because of all this its caused arguements between me and my oh as he thinks i'm being too sensitive about thingsand can't seem to get where i'm coming from and gets upset because i talk to my mum about things and he thinks i shouldn't
so i don;t know what to do or where to go anyone got any ideas

p.s. sorry its a long post

Replies

• Options
    Bless you, that sounds horrible. Their meant to be supportive, she sounds anything but. How old is your lo? Do you have a nice gp? Could you see them for lo to get weighed, or a nurse at the gps. Your certainly not tied to sure start. It sounds like harrassmemt to me.

As for you oh, I'd put it to him that basically a stranger is coming in and judging you in your home, at your job, being a mum. And how would he like it if his boss did the same.

I hope things improve for you x x
  • Options
    OH MY F*CKIN GOD!!!

I can't believe what I've just read!! If she doesn't like your living arrangements then she should be writing a letter on your behalf to help get you moved quicker! What a b*tch.

Don't let her get to you, she's in the wrong profession and if I were you I'd do my best to get her disciplined. That's completely unnacceptable. I'm really angry now, it will take me at least 2 hours to cool off!! lol.

They're bullying you. It wouldn't be tolerated in any other environment so please please please take this further. There could be others she's done this to. Please update us and let us know what happens. Absolutely fuming on your behalf! I woulda whacked her with something big, prefereably a frying -pan and if I didn't, my other half would have!
  • Options
    not heard or seen from anyone since before xmas but the sure start woman kept trying to come round but think she got the message when i told her i didn't like it there and had found a fab play group thanks for the support guysd