Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I don't know what to do...

It sounds really pathetic but.. I was with a guy a few years ago who became so obsessed with me that he ended up being with me and talking to me so much that i couldn't take it anymore so i left. I tried just being friends with him (which never seems to work but i thought it was worth a try) and he ended up nearly everytime we spoke breasking down into tears and telling me how much he missed me and loved me.

I never wanted to get back with him, i just wanted to be able to talk to him without this. We've been through ever since, periods of him not talking to me and then wanting me back and not being able to live without me, etc. I met my now fiance two years ago and from the word go neither of them has liked each other. The ex then refused to talk to me or even acknowlege me if he saw me but would then send me a text (after apparently deleting my number) telling me how beautiful i looked on that day and how OH just ruins my life.

Its so childish but after a couple of months of the ex sending me email and text after email and text (and me having to change my number and email address a couple of times) i told him enough was enough and that i have my 5month old son to think about. I didn't want to see him or hear from him again as anymore of my life i have to explain to him about is going to be exactly the same as it was last time.

But now he won't leave me alone at all. He's threatened with suicide, I've had silent phonecalls from withheld numbers and him and his mates following me round when im trying to shop, etc. I can't take it anymore and i don't know what to do.

He's driving me deeper and deeper back into depression and i can't handle it. I don't want OH involved as he seems to think that the only way to keep ex away is to hit him or something and if i let that happen it would all be my fault.

I realise how completely immature and childish this all sounds but i was only 14 when me n ex met and thats how it was then! But now i've grown up and changed and he hasn't!

Help :\( xx :cry:

Replies

• Get hold of BT for a start. They can block calls from withheld numbers and also trace nuisance phonecalls if necessary. You can also request a new number but not in the phonebook or readily available. That shud help a little there.

With the following etc, I don't think the police do much still, which is bloody daft but keep notes and records of stuff that happens as it will come in handy shud you ever need to prove anything. One thing you cud do thou, is look into getting a restraining order on him - sounds drastic but would give you some piece of mind as then you can get the police involved if he hassles you too much and breaks the rules of the order. I would also go see ur gp and explain to him/her the situation. If nothing else, it'll help to talk to someone else and they'll have it on record as well as being aware of how ur feeling so will keep chks on you too.
  • hiya

i was also going to say may be get a restaring order on him them if he breakes it u can phone the police

i ope everythink works out 4 u
  • Hi it all sounds alittle scary really,so i agree i think going to police or getting your number blocked so he cant ring it is a good idea!i would also say dont acknowledge this guy anymore(if you still do!)has ppl only do things for a reaction,though its hard not to let someone know how annoying you find them ect.you have told him how you feel and havent lead him on,you have been straight with him so you have done all you can,its his problem now.i really hope it all works out for you and your family and this immature ex leaves you alone!