Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sort of wanted... what do I do?

Ok, my wedding is this time next year, and me and my h2b have agreed not to try til then (I'll wait it out for him)
So I'm on the pill.
I was sick, rather violently, and I checked the packet, which says that this might affect contraceptive-ness... so I told h2b but we got carried away and...oops!

I reminded him that we were in a risky situation, but... yeah anyway...
He seemed really really pissed off with me. I asked would it be a problem if I was pregnant, and he replied with vague mutterings of the morning after pill... then he said "no that's sort of like really early abortion....isn't it?"

So I'm really scared. AF due over this weekend but... what do I do if it doesn't show up? I think my h2b will be really annoyed and disappointed if I am because (he explained) then we'd need to save all our wedding money for a baby, because babies are expensive. And I think he feels like I've let him down.

It's not like I didn't tell him... I gave him plenty of warning that we should use condoms for a while (7 days the packet said) but...

I would be thrilled if I was pregnant. I don't think he would be. :cry:

Replies

• Options
    hi hun, to be honest i doubt you are pregnant, even though the pack says use condoms for seven days, it actually takes a little while for the pill to come out of your body, so if you were only sick for one day (one pill taking) then you will prob be ok, i think they just have to put that on the packet just to cover their backs. it is a bit like if you miss a pill one day as long as you take it the next day you are usually still covered.

Sorry to put a downer on as you are obviously dying to have a baby, but at least you have your wedding to look forward to and atr least you know that if it so happened that you were pregnant your h2b actually does want kids and he may be a bit wary at first but he`ll get used to the idea!!

just be careful though that you don`t get pg in a few months time or you won`t fit in your dress!!!! xxx
  • Options
    Yeah, thank you.
    I'm calming down now it's just, I've already miscarried one of his babies, I didn't want to find out I was pregnant again, only to have him drop me, or tell me to abort it.

Desperately wanting a baby, I wish he'd just marry me now and start a life with me....I'm so impatient!
  • Options
    I know babies can be expensive etc but with careful planning you don't have to spend a fortune and still have lots of nice stuff for the baby. And, if u r pg then ur lo can be a flower girl/page boy at the wedding image
  • Options
    Just to add in case you ever have another accident as they do happen the morning after pill isnt a form of early abortion, thats a myth, it just stops sperm fertilising the egg - if the eggs already been fertilised, the morning after pill WILL NOT work which is why you need to take it ASAP after having unprotected sex. Explains all this on the packet etc. I dont think you will be pregnant hun - the pill does take a while to be out of your system fully. xxx
  • Options
    Thank you all for being nice to me. I'm ok, just a silly girl really!
    AF showed up last night, so I'm all clear there.
    Thing is, now that he was expecting me to be expecting, he's gotten really broody.
    Talk about role reversal! Hey ho.