Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone feel Inadequate?

Hello Everyone,
I am hoping that you are all well x
My daughter is three next month and I worry that my daughter is missing out.
I take my daughter to nursery every morning, go to work (I work full-time), pick her up at kunchtime and take her round my mum who has her in the afternoons. I feel so bad that in the evenings and at weekends that I don't give her enough us time. I spend most of saturday doing the housework and feel guilty that sometimes I wish I had my own alone time and I find myself telling her i'll be there in a minute just so I can sit down and have a cup of tea. I see all the mums at nursery chatting to eachother and there are alot of times i haven't got the time to stop or even just go up the park with the others. Now summer holidays are coming up, I don't know alot about her friends?
Might sound silly, but where do I start? I find getting to know people hard but I want her to play with her friends during the holidays and her birthday is also during the holidays.
Millie is an only child so far and I love it when I see her play with the other children but now summer holidays are coming up, what should I do?
Take Care,
T

Replies

• Options
    have you considered talking to the nursery and asking who her best friends are, perhaps they could pass your number on to her friends parents and help you to organise play dates for her, also kids birthday parties are a great opertunity too, perhaps you could offer to help out at them occasionally, it could be a good way of both seeing your lo play and meeting the other mums. Also, dont worry so much about getting the housework done, its not going anywhere so why not take time out once in a while to spend with lo, or even allow her to help you, perhaps pairing the socks up for you, or folding tshirts up or something, at that age they often love to help out so that could be good for both of you, your spending time together and getting stuff done still. Dont feel bad, just remember your only human and your doing the best you can for your family and your daughter to benefit xxx
  • Options
    I can totally sympathise with you because this is exactly how I was when I worked full time. I decided that enough was enough and I looked for part time work. Don't get me wrong there are still days when I don't have enough one on one with my dd but when you are running a house there is never enough hours in the day.

Don't feel bad- you are trying to provide for your family.

If you think part time hours could suit you go to tax credits online and see if you would be entitled to some help if you were to work part time. I actually discovered online that I was only ??40 a month better off working 40 hours than working 20 so you may be surprised.

If this isn't an option for you then I would suggest setting aside a particular time- say sat afternoon for two hours to take her swimming or to the park and then just reading a book and playing a game each evening before bed she will be happy with this.