Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How do you no if you a good mum or not??

Im 19 and gave birth to my first child 3 weeks ago, i feel im a good mum as im a single mum it is hard but i am giving all i have to becoming the best mum i can be for her i have the love and support of my family and they are always there when i need them but some times i feel if i ask for help it makes me a bad mum that cant cope so my question is how do you no if your a good mum x

Replies

• Asking for help doesnt make you a bad mum !

Being a good mum is doing the best for your baby and for you ! By asking for help it gives you a break or reassurance and just makes you a great mum.

You would be a bad mum if you didnt care whether you were a good or bad mum, by asking the question and from what you have said I reckon you're a great Mum ! It cant be easy being a single Mum & i'm sure you're doing great.
  • Thanks, she does see her dad but only with me, at the moment i not confident enough to let him take her on his own, i just want to be the best mum i can be for her x x
  • I agree with the others, only good mums worry whether or not they are good mums and the fact you are taking responsibility by asking for help when you need it is more proof.

We all fall short sometimes but also we often exceed our expectations

take care

xxDBxx
  • I think as long as you and your baby are happy, that's the best proof of being a good mum. It's not about material things, and hon, you're amazing to do it alone!!!
    I do moan about DH, but at least he's there. I didn't appreciate him til my best mates husband left her, and our babies are the same age! Well done you x