Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

CIN III - ANY BODY ELSE HAD IT? - RE-ASSURANCE NEEDED

Hello All

This is not really a TTC query but just wondered if any of you have had CIN I II or III diagnosed on your smear tests? i found out I had it about 18months ago and had loop excision to remove the cells. I am going in for a check up tomorrow and although i know what to expect, i am quite jubious about it.

The hospital told me it shouldn't affect my ability to have children and that i was OK to try. so hopefully no probs there.

Just wondering really if anyone has had this and if so did the cells come back after having them removed once? Also am i OK to go for this kind of examination & necessary treatment if I am pregnant. I am on CD 23 tomorrow so obviously can't say for defo if I am pregnant or not.

Sorry for such a long post.

Any replies would be appreciated whether you think relevant or not.

Thanks

Den xxx:roll:

Replies

• Hi there. My only knowledge of this was my friend in Thailand who had pre-cancerous abnormal cells on their way to develop and she had them removed over there. She was then told she it shouldnt affect her ability to conceive but she had chlamydia anyway and had already been diagnosed infertile from that so nothing to do with the smear results or treatment. I know this probably isnt very informative or helpful, but thought I would mention it anyway. Good luck with it all xx
  • hi hun sorry to here, yes i have had cin 1 mine was detected about 6 years ago. i had it lazered off and everything was fine. but i also have other problems as well i have poly-systic overies and have just lost my second child in a missed miscarriage. so i do know how ou feel you will be sore for a couple of days but it has never grown back thank god keep your chin up and dont think of the worst ok it can be really scary. good luck and let me know how you got on
  • Hi Den,

ive been through the exact same process as you hon.

i had CIN III, and then the loop treatment....im a bit ahead of you as i had my check up a couple of months ago...it was just like a normal smear....i also asked whether there was any effect on fertility etc and was told there wouldnt be any problems - also if for some reason you did need further treatment, and you were pregnant they can still carry it out they just do it in a slightly different way (how i have no idea!!)

ive had the all clear, and now have to go back to the drs once a year for a smear for the next 10 years (joy!) still at least they're keeping an eye on things.

good luck hon, dont worry about the check up, and hope you get some good results too! (mine took 5 weeks to come through!) x
  • Hi Guys

Thanks for all your replies.

I went back to the hospital this morning, the doctor says everything seems fine but he wants to see me in 3 months (I asked why so soon and he says its normal procedure but not convinced cos this time it was 6) he took a smear test and will write with the results so fingers crossed.

He said I am OK ttc still though.

Thanks again.

Den xx
  • Hi, glad things went well. I had pre cancerous cells at the beginning of last year and had them removed twice as the first time they didnt remove enough of the area. i was then checked on after 3 months, then every 6 months and now finally i am going to yearly smears for the next 10 years. I have also been told it wont affect chances of fertility, however i have other fertility problems but that is different. try not to worry too much, easier said than done as i always panic until i get my test results!
  • hi there den glad things ok and my fingers are crossed for you. dont strees as i know its hard not to but you will be ok you have all of us here to help you get through ok
  • I had CIN I and CIN II removed by colposcopy in July 2002. I have had a yearly smear test ever since but they have luckily all been normal. My first son was born in Oct 2003, and I am pregnant again. I have recently been told that I can have smears every 3/5 years again, but I am going to go for one every year.

So hopefully my story has reassured you that you can have kids after this .. good luck x:\)