Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

baby death reply, kept error ing my message sorry!

oh god i feel like crying reading that and holding on to lo so tight. the poor girl, i dont really know what you could do given i couldnt even begin to know how she is feeling although i obviously have a rough idea. i think a card is a good idea, personally though i hate the 'with sympathy' ones and would go for a 'thinking of you' or 'sending you hugs' type instead. cards are nice and show you care but she will need more than that, i dont think it will be about gifts and i'd imagine at the moment she probably does want space but as has been said people grieve differently so she may want the complete opposite. i think i would probably give a phone call too, the problem is when you need people for things like this quite a lot stay away purely because they dont know what to say but all you really need to do is show youre there and bring some normality back. perhaps invite her to yours for coffee or something, id imagine her house is full of nasty reminders atm. perhaps suggest going away somwhere, offer to help if shes going to pack stuff up, dont push her and let her do things at her own pace but be there to listen, support and help make sure she can move on. oh and make sure she knows its not her fault! look after yourself and her and her oh, maybe you could take a casserole over im sure they dont feel like cooking? thoughts with them and you take care

Replies

• thank you for your reply - it's very helpful and I agree about the card - definately not sympathy card - going shopping tomorrow specifically for the 'right' one. Unfortunately she lives about a 100 miles from me so can't easily pop round but I'll make sure she knows where I am when she's ready - thanks again - I can't stop thinking about her and it scares me xxxx
  • I also kept getting the error message.
    I just wanted to say that I think the card was a lovely idea, just to show you care. I lost my baby girl Eve, suddenly in December at 5 days old :cry:
    I also think its important to let her know you are there for her in the coming months when everyone else seems to have forgot. Call her, just to say you are thinking of her. She may not want to talk to you but she will appreciate knowing that you care. Ask about her baby and talk about him. Let her know that the loss of her baby has affected you too.
    All we want to know is that our baby mattered to people.
    Dont be too forceful- she may want to stay hidden away for a long time. Only now am I beginning to go out shopping etc. Im just not the same person I used to be. You dont just lose a baby, you lose part of yourself, and your future. Sorry am rambling now!
    Take Care,
    Lora xxxxx