Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

Not fair.

Hi, im 21 weeks today and today also happens to be 5 years since my mum passed away and im finding it really difficult. Especially as my fellas mum is a alcholic and we`ve had trouble with her this weekend and i cant help but think why did my mum have to go and my children are stuck with a horrible drunk. My mum would have been the perfect grandma it just seems really unfair. Im just so frustrated and theres ot alot i can do.

Replies

• oh babe, chin up.
    I can relate to you sadness as my grandad passed away 6 years ago and we are having problems with my FIL and all his women!!!
    Not the same I know but..It still makes me feel like sh*t and very lonely as I was so very close to my grandad.
    Just remember your mum and think of the special times. I'm sure you keep her close to your heart and she is always there when you need her(in a sense)
    You are stronger than you think, and I personally believe that to loose someone close to you makes you stronger and a makes you be grateful for what you do have.
    In regards to your partners mum....well unless she's getting help I wouldnt let her near my kids(sorry if that sounds harsh) Ive seen the damage done by a drunk to her own kids and my god, it made me realise just how volatile drunks are.(sorry to call them drunks but it makes me angry what they put people through out of self pity)
    I know this reply isnt very possitive but it really gets my goat when familys are affected by alcohol. its uncalled for.
    As I said I'm sure your mum is with you, good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
  • Hi thanks for the reply, it really helps to speak to someone. She has been a alcohlic for years but is in such denial that she doesnt think she has a issue. They are both getting on a bit, my partner doesnt want to stop her seeing the kids as that will stop his dad seeing them and his dad just seems like he goes along with anything she does or says. He really hasnt got his own mind after so many years hes been worn down by it all.
    Neither my partner nor his dad will ever confront her about anything its so frustrating.
  • Oh babe, you are stuck in a hard place arnt you.?
    Is there no one that can help her ie AA councilers?
    I just wish you all the best and I do hope you have a good xmas.
    Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy hun
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx