Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

My Dad!?!?!?!?

I live with my Dad and my lo is 5 months. I am still with my partner and we are planning on moving into together as soon as he hears from a new job if he has got it. I love my Dad so much but he doesnt like my partner and we are constantly rowing over him, it all normally starts when i say im not coming home because i am stayin with my partner for the night. My Dad ahs cancer so i worry about him so much and i dont want to leave him on his own. But i feel like he is pushing me out and doesnt want me around anymore.
I dont want to be torn between my partner and my dad. It is so hard.
Any advice???

Thanks

xxxxxx

Replies

• Hey im sorry things are hard.

At the end of the day you are his little girl and no-one will probably ever be good enough, he just wants to protect you as he loves you so much but somewhere along the way it comes out all wrong.

He is also probably scared of losing you, i would sit down with him and tell him that all the arguing is upsetting you and that you love him so much, and that just because you are moving in with oh doesnt mean that you wont still need him. I think sometimes dads feel like there is no place for them once there little girl gets a partner, but there is its just a bit different.

well this is what has been my experience

good luck xxDBXx