Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Body after birth

Hi everyone

I am just feeling a bit down about my downstairs area and would appreciate any comments!

My little boy is now 4 months old and while I know that it can still take some time before things really turn back to normal, I am now worrying whether they ever really do!

I have done my kegal excercises religiously but it seems as if they don't work, sex doesn't feel the same I just wondered if it will always feel slightly looser forever? My partner hasn't said anything (I'm sure he thinks it too though) but I know sensation has reduced for me.

I'm not sure how to explain this, but it still looks very 'open' down there. There's alot more on display than before if you catch my drift. Also (sorry for the graphic content, not sure how to put this) there is a bit of my insides that hangs slightly out, I know this is because the entrance to my vagina is more slack but for some reason I just assumed this would correct itself.

Maybe I was naive thinking everything would go back to normal but no one explains these things to you when you are pregnant! I know the sensible response I may get is that I should go to the doctors, but I have not long moved to the area and hardly know my doctor, he is an old man and it would feel really creepy to have him looking around down there, when I went for my post-natal check up he didn't ask to see anything he just asked is everything ok and I said yes, stupidly thinking that things would get better.

Is there anyone out there who understands what I'm talking about? Thanks x

Replies

• Options
    hi hun, i would give things a bit more time to get back to "normal" i think it was nearly a year before sex felt the same so guess sometimes it can take time but if u r very worried u should speak to doc, in the meantime keep doing ur pelvic floor exersises, im sure everything will go back to normal hun, it just takes a bit of time. xx
  • Options
    4 months isn't nearly enough time. I was still feeling residual bruising from the labour & also took until 6 months for the cut to stop hurting every time my huband entered me. By 6 months it was all back to normal, size wise, so give yourself a bit more time.

If your not comfortable with your gp how about a family planning centre at your local hospital or call the hv centre & ask to speak to someone there.
  • Options
    Hiya maybe you shouls make an appointment with your nurse!

if something is hanging out, that doesn't sound quite right, you may have a prolapse! and that needs to be looked at!

i had sex 10 days after labour and for me everything felt fine and i asked my oh and he said that it actually felt tighter!

• Options
    Its dif 4 everyone hun,but yes its true u could have a prolapse and therfore u need to go get this checked! dont blame u not anting your oap dr down under etc. go to private gyn or nurse hun. Go get it checked! not worth d worry eh????